Claudiu Cobilanschi on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 10:50:54 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Claudiu Cobilanschi: A phenological approach to sylviculture and its followers, 2105, @Calina Timisoara

haideti asta-seara, e cu pepiniere, viitori padurari si dendrologie:

https://www.facebook.com/events/915839841825338/

(...) "What kind of economy lingers in the the remaining forests? Who
survives and in front of whom?I looked at the didactic plant nurseries,
labelled âherbarium,â and then studied the so-called production nurseries
where invasive species are grown, used to populate or depopulate strategic
areas. I understood that the course on the technology of wood cutting has
become outdated as a hobby, in favor of the course on dendrology. I looked
in the eyes of the ninth grade students, the first grade out of the former
obligatory twelfth grade system, which today works as a ten grade system.
The professional forestry school is populated by students who had opted for
other high-school and who ended up at the âGreen Forestâ Forestry College
almost against their will. I watched them and admired the energy with which
they were semi-attentively listening to the dendrology course. They were
dividing their attention between checking their whatsapp and the illusion
of a secure every-day life as a forest scientist. I looked into their eyes
searching for a trace of something dark, for the birth of a way of waiting
for the storm, for a native wildness, for a patch of virgin forest in
which, knowledgeable and invisible, they would venture..." (Claudiu
Cobilanschi: A phenological approach to sylviculture and its followers,
2105, Calina Timisoara)
 â with Liviana Dan, Mihaela-Maria Kocsis
<https://www.facebook.com/mihaelamaria.kocsis>, Galeria Calina
<https://www.facebook.com/galeria.calina.7>, Corina L. Apostol
<https://www.facebook.com/corina.l.apostol>, Ugron Reka
<https://www.facebook.com/ugron.reka>, Sergiu Sas