Manuel Bonik on Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:40:04 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] Fw: call for submissions [CHIANGMAI FIRST NEW MEDIA ART FESTIVAL ] (L1)

From:    oman <oman@heimat.de>
To:      oman@heimat.de
Date:    Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:24:08 +0700
Subject: call for submissions  [CHIANGMAI FIRST NEW MEDIA ART FESTIVAL ] (L1)
----

ICECA - Initiative for Cultural Exchange and Computer Arts
CHIANGMAI FIRST NEW MEDIA ART FESTIVAL

                                                       05th Feb. 2003
                                                       Chiangmai, Thailand

 Theme:    New Media art [Unrestricted]
 Venue:    CMU Art Museum and selected locations at Chiangmai University (CMU)
           Chiangmai, Thailand
 Dates:    28 March - 13 April 2003
 Sponsors: ICECA Chiangmai
           Chiangmai University Art Museum
           Faculty of Fine Arts, Faculty of Architecture
           Kunstpunkt - Berlin
           travellab.net

Call for submissions

Deadline for submissions: 20 February 2003
Introduction:
ICECA Chiangmai, in collaboration with CMU Faculty of architecture, is organizing the first New Media Art Festival in Chiangmai Thailand. The festival's exhibition is to be presented on the occasion of the opening of ICECA's collaborative media space and will be held in this space as well as in other parts of the university. A series of workshops for the public will be held from 29 March - 1 April and selected 25 best works will be presented after that in the exhibition.

Submission information:
Works should contain, but are not limited to, digital works of the artist's choice. Acceptable digital formats include:

-video/animation/movie: VHS, mpeg, .mov, Shockwave etc.
-sound: .mp3 .wav .mid
-executable PC or Mac software art
-media files on CD-ROM (DVD no recommended but possible)
-webpage (on CD-ROM)
-image: .jpg,.gif,.png, pdf etc. (no max. dimensions)
-small/lightweight installation/ electronic sculpture etc.
-URL's (for inclusion in the Festival's "virtual gallery")

In preparing for this exhibition, please note that ICECA can provide only equipment for exhibition of works, and cannot offer financial assistance.  Therefore the Media Festival can accept only works
which are exhibited using existing equipment i.e. PCs and Macintoshes, video/data projectors,
sound equipment, video/web cameras, still cameras. Many media installations can be quite complex. However, ICECA is only able to provide for works using our existing equipment. Artists requiring more than this should submit concept papers (in Thai or English) together with videos of exhibited works. These videos will be presented in lieu of the work itself and we expect them to form a major part of the Festival workshops and exhibitions. And, with permission, they will be the foundation of the CMU-ICECA N
ew Media Library.

Works will be selected by a committee of the Chiangmai University Art Museum.

Dear artist,

We cordially invite you to participate in this festival and contribute to the emerging media art scene in Thailand by submitting works for exhibition and as content for workshops about forms of media art reflecting the subject of your choice. Please keep in mind that ICECA can only provide assistance in setting up fairly ordinary equipment, such as your work, light, video player/recorder projector, PC, sound system etc.

If you require any special purpose equipment, such as special computer interfaces, please describe
these in detail on your submission so we can consider how to accommodate your needs.

Applications will only be accepted by Email, artists should submit their applications via email using attached files in the formats suggested above. After your submission is accepted we will provide you with a mailing address for sending CDROMs, videotapes etc.

Please send your application together with any media files to <iceca@chiangmai.ac.th> or to <oman@heimat.de>.

Those accepted will be notified by email.

Francis Wittenberger
ICECA Thailand

Please use this entry form for submissions:
Artist:

Family name:
Given (first) name:
Email:

Work:
Title
Year
Technology/type of media file
short description of the work (not more than 300 words, in English)

 URL (if net based)
or
 several photos/screen shots to be attached as .jpg
 (you may send several Emails but a single email should not exceed 1 Mb)

*Confirmation/authorization: I confirm that I hold all rights on the submitted work and agree that it can be included in [  ] future Festival/ [  ] media library as well.

Name:
Address:

Deadline 20 February 2003.
**********************************