olga goriunova (by way of Pit Schultz <pit@klubradio.de>) on Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:40:35 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] call for submissions - read_me software art festival

call for submissions - please, distribute
____________________________________

Read_me 2.3

Software Art Festival

May 30 - 31, Media Centre Lume, Helsinki, Finland

Deadline for entries: March 1

More info at: http://m-cult.org/read_me
_____________________________________

Read_me 2.3 is a festival of software art that explores the territory
between art and software
culture. Read_me 2.3 draws connections between histories and practices in
both software culture
and art, and aims at creating an extended context, against which software
art may be mapped.

Read_me 2.3 is the second edition of Read_me, the first festival dedicated
entirely to the
phenomena of software art (Read_me 1.2 at:
http://www.macros-center.ru/read_me ).

Read_me 2.3 continues with the open structure of Read_me: all projects are
submitted on-line
to a publicly accessible database. However, the second Read_me edition has
logically developed
this idea further: the simple database / submission form has turned into
the software art
repository Runme.org (http://runme.org).

All projects, submitted to Runme.org up to the Read_me 2.3 deadline (1 of
March) will be reviewed
by a collective of  "experts" (http://m-cult.org/read_me/experts) and the
best ones will be
presented on the Read_me 2.3 event.

Read_me 2.3 is not a competition in the traditional sense, and it will not
have monetary prizes.
The festival event on May 30-31 will present, discuss, and celebrate a
selection of works singled
out and featured without ranking by the Read_me experts collective. Read_me
2.3 will
focus on the variety of discrete contexts and will aim at building bridges
between them.
_______________________________

To submit a project for Read_me 2.3 go to
http://m-cult.org/read_me/submit.php and follow instructions.

If you have any questions, please, contact og@dxlab.org and
alexei@easylife.org

Welcome!

The project is a co-operation between NIFCA, The Nordic Institute for
Contemporary Art (http://www.nifca.org), Lume (http://www.lume.fi),
and m-cult (http://www.m-cult.org).

Curators: Olga Goriunova, Alexei Shulgin