Marieke Istha on Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:32:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [ann] ARTIST in RESIDENCE [AiR] 2006 --- OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

ARTIST in RESIDENCE [AiR] 2006

OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

+ + DEADLINE: FRIDAY 3 DECEMBER 2005 + +

in brief:
residency period 3-6 months
dates March - Sept 2006
location Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Netherlands Media Art Institute is pleased to announce an open call
=
for the Winter 2005 round of its Artist in Residence (AiR) program.

The AiR programme at the Netherlands Media Art Institute aims to support
=
the exploration and development of new work in =
digital/interactive/network media and technology based arts practice. =
The residency provides time and resources to artists in a supportive =
environment to facilitate the creation of new work that is produced from
=
an open source perspective. We encourage a cross disciplinary and =
experimental approach. This is a practice based residency designed to =
enable the development and completion of a new work.

Our focus for this open call is on open source interactive installation
=
art, in which the following occurs:
* interaction between tools and/or software
* interaction between tools and artwork
* interaction between audience and artwork

The Netherlands Media Art Institute offers an open environment with =
technical assistance and an active advisory board which will give =
feedback and support in technical, conceptual and presentation issues. =
There is access to studio and exhibition equipment,
technical support from the Institute's staff and production help from =
interns. The technical staff is specialized and has good contacts with =
programmers of the following software, a.o.: PD/PDP, Blender, Dynebolic,
=
Linux. We expect the artist to have knowledge and insight in the =
technical realization of the concept.

It is integral to the mission of the AiR program that artists =
participate in presenting their work in a public form appropriate to =
their project. This can include gallery installations, demonstrations of
=
research in progress, panel discussions, on-line projects, or multimedia
=
performances, in addition to open studio events and workshops. For this
=
reason we ask that artists include in their proposal possible examples =
of how they might like to present their work publicly.

At this moment the Netherlands Media Art Institute provides in travel =
costs. It doesn't provide accommodation for artists living outside of =
Amsterdam. However, we are willing to help the search but cannot =
guarantee a place for living.

Application using the application form can be send to:
Netherlands Media Art Institute
Artist in Residence
c/o Annet Dekker
annet@montevideo.nl