raju on Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:14:30 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> [ann] Invitation! exhibition of drawings by Raju Sutar

We are glad to invite you to an exhibition of drawings by
artist Raju Sutar, entitled  Shiva at

Waves Art Gallery,
Parmar Trade Centre,
Sadhu Vaswani Chowk,
Pune 411001.

M. +91 9860480681
curator@wavesartgallery.com

>From 18th to 27th November 2005. Between 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm

The exhibition is also available on www.wavesartgallery.com
Raju=92s Resume:

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/rajusutar.asp

Raju's images:

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/images/self/raju_sutar02.jpg

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/images/self/raju_sutar03.jpg

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/images/self/raju_sutar04.jpg

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/images/self/raju_sutar05.jpg

http://www.artexperiments.com/raju/images/self/raju_sutar06.jpg

Artist=92s note:
My first visit to Ellora was good enough to trash my ideas
about the present scenario as a representative of so called
evolved society. Wasn=92t it the knowledge of uncontrolled
energy, the split of atom =91Atomic Energy=92, when we see
the cosmic dance of Shiva? Yes! I felt the same energy every
time I sketched the Shiva; it was the same energy to blow
this planet for several times. It was achieved every time it
is required only through the visual elements!

Wasn=92t it the =91String theory=92 graduated by Stephen
Hawking?  When you see a relief sculpture in Ellora,
depicting a challenge created by Lord Shiva for Brahma and
Vishnu to find the beginning and the end of his being. A few
things in observation poses a question, are we evolving or
re-discovering?

I was moved by the manipulation of the art elements by the
artist of Ellora, to achieve the supernatural expression. We
the artists in the modern world speak of effortless art to
be achieved by the understanding of art elements, we should
try to estimate the power of the artists of Ellora, who had
carved several cubic tons of stone and not a scratch of pain
visible!

I wish to create a dialogue, which I have envisaged, by my
visit to Ellora into =91Conversation with Ellora=92.

&#65533; Raju Sutar

November 17, 2005