Mason Dixon on Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:02:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [london] [Ccred] Walk-Talk-Eat-TalkSomeMore – EVENT 2 (b)

.

Walk-Talk-Eat-TalkSomeMore – EVENT 2 (b) – REPEAT:WALK

Meet: Hackney Wick Station

When: April 26, 4:00pm.

Bring: Snacks and something to drink for the walk; something to eat
and drink for the potluck meal at the end of the evening.

Last week saw the second part of the London version of the Walk-Talk-
Eat-TalkSomeMore project (see project description below) take place
in David Goldenberg’s flat in Hackney Central (see photos and brief
project description on: http://www.ccred.org/blog/weblog.php). Apart
from a potluck meal, the evening comprised an exploration and
discussion of issues relating to some of the documentation we’ve
received of walks taking place in other cities. We also revisited
some of the questions and issues raised at, and by, our previous walk
here in London, and talked a little bit about the Walk-Talk-Eat-
TalkSomeMore program in general. A recording of, and/or notes from,
parts of our conversation will be available on the blog very soon.

At the end of the evening, the suggestion was made that we ought to
re-walk our previous walk, as a way of both revisiting the issues
raised in the original walk and explore the different terrains and
contexts we traversed in a more informed and substantial sense.

We set the date for this repeat or remix walk for the 26th of April,
4:00pm. We meet at Hackney Wick Station and finish the walk with
another potluck meal at Helen Marshall’s place in Lower Clapton (see
invite below).

INVITE FROM HELEN:

This is an invitation for you to join me at my house ( currently and
still the building site of my studio/salon... ) in a barbecue/dinner
to welcome the Gao Brothers from Bejing ( and possibly two other
chinese artists ) to London in a hosting for three days at my place
before we embark upon a NAN event in Nottingham that weekend.

It will be at approximately 6pm onwards...( will confirm ) and also
follows on from the ' Walk-Talk-Eat-TalkSomeMore Project' see link
planned earlier in the day starting from Stratford and ending
potentially at my place is imminent ( for those of you interested
will forward details ).

Either way hope to see you all and please RSVP as I am keeping this
to quite a small group...so please RSVP if you can come.

100 Blurton Road, Hackney, London, E5 0NH

You can't miss the hoardings outside the house! Hope to see you at
6ish when the coals will be going blue. Please bring something to
either cook or drink!

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

Walk-Talk-Eat-TalkSomeMore is a multi-city, multi-day project in and
between London, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Malmö, Portland,
Stockholm, Tallinn, Berlin and San Francisco. The project is an
experimental hybrid of similar work by Ccred & the 16 beavergroup
(Counter Cartographies, Alt.Space), BASEKAMP & The Institute for
Advanced Architecture (Evident Use), 0009 (platial) and the Bureau of
Research into Post Autonomy.

The idea behind this series of events is to link a number of
different cities in a critical dialogue around the very lose notion
of "post-autonomy" and the more specific theme: how can we construct
a practice in the discursive space of post-autonomy?

The program includes three interlinked components: a collective
counter.cartography walk through our different contexts; an alt.space
meal (supper, dinner, luncheon) taking place in our different cities
and linking us through the questions we pose to one another; and a
concluding discussion taking the form of a web-cast linking us in
real-time dialogue.