Alessandro Ludovico on Mon, 22 May 2006 19:30:18 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> okno public01 festival

.
okno public01 festival :::  24 > 26 may 2006 ::: Brussels - Belgium

OKNO PUBLIC01 ONSITE

okno is interested in the creative and unpredictable innovations that stem from unruly combinations of scientific, mediatic and technologic artefacts: seeds to grow new forms of expression where old structures are crumbling...
We offer a virtual and physical public forum for reflection on technologically-inspired media arts. We tend to be a physical and online meeting place for artists, and want to facilitate a dialogue on current forms of artistic practice with a creatively engaged audience.
We want a form of media art that is digital, collaborative and networked, interactive and realtime, performative and shared, indivisible in its audio-data-visual output.
The cultural and aesthetic influences of media technologies will be critically discussed in the context of an alternative festival setup. The processes and results of artistic research will be presented in a program of round table discussions, performances, experimental concerts, interactive installations and workshops.

/// round table discussions & presentations ///
http://okno.be/?id=764 and http://okno.be/?id=763 and http://okno.be/?id=767

+++ wednesday may 24th +++ a focus on media art in Belgium :
Beauty in the age of digital art - moderated by Maja Kuzmanovic, Michaël Samyn.
With: Guy van Belle (Society of Algorithm, mxhz), Auriea Harvey (Tale of Tales), Dirk Paesmans (jodi), Lawrence Malstaf and Bartaku.
Transdisciplinary practices - moderated by Elke Van Campenhout.
With: Patricia Portela, Christophe De Boeck (audiostore), Eric Georges (Réseau Citoyen), Femke Snelting (Constant).

+++ thursday may 25th +++ a focus on media art in Eastern and Central Europe :
History and specific complexities of media art in the region, recounted through the personal narratives of the presenters.
moderated by Nina Czegledy.
With: Richard Kluszczynski (Professor of Cultural and Media Studies at Lodz University, Poland), Erika Pasztor (architect and media art artist, Hungary), Andreï Smirnov (Theremin Center for Electroacoustic Music and Multimedia, Russia), Darko Fritz (media artist and curator, Croatia), Peter Beyls (composer, educator and digital artist, Belgium), Dusan Barok (information technology artist and educator, Slovakia/Czech Republic).

+++ friday may 27th +++ a look into the future of networks :
The working of cultural communities, onsite and online.
moderated by Nat Muller.
with: Alessandro Ludovico (neural magazine, italy) Paul Keller (de Waag-Sarai Exchange Programme, Nl) Nina Czegledy (Hu/Ca), Guy Van Belle (okno, mxhz, society of algorithm)

/// performances, projects, installations and workshops ///
http://okno.be/?id=765 and http://okno.be/?id=692

Quix (three monochromes RGB), FoAM (Inflatable Meeting Room), .x-med-a. magazine (launch), Das Netz / the Net (film by Lutz Dammbeck), Peter Beyls (virtual robotics), Andrey Smirnov (laser bugging & windowpane theremin installation), Code31 (SE30-live), GND (machine.dream), society of algorithm (networked Bejing/Tokyo/Brussels), mxHz (TICS), transmutation (collaborative physical&virtual project), Résau Citoyen (citynetwork), M+M+ (nomadic multimedia platform), Dusan Barok & Magde Kobzova (save before it's gone!)

OKNO PUBLIC01 ONLINE

An important part of our activities are situated in an independent server structure and in networks of invisible relations between people and information. okno wants to share ideas and develop discourses through different but parallel platforms. We like to play with degrees of visibility, of both people and data. We want to fascilitate participation simultaneously onsite and online. Audiovisual streaming and IRC-chat moderation of the okno public week discussions and performances will encompass the mixtures found in our digitally connected existence. We would like to incorporate online participation of people working in distinct fields such as netart, social work, media art and activist practice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ okno public01 onsite 24 > 26 may 2006, daily from 3pm > 01am

@ matrix art project - koolmijnenkaai 30/34 - 1080 Brussels - Belgium
metro Graaf van Vlaanderen / Comte de Flandres ::: tram 18

okno public01 online
@ http://okno.be
audiovisual streaming & IRC chats,  daily from 3pm > 01pm
check site for links and updates
info@okno.be

okno is supported by the Flemisch authorities, the VAF (Flemisch Audiovisual Fund) and the VGC (Vlaamse Gemeenschapscommissie)
--

Alessandro Ludovico Neural.it - http://www.neural.it/ daily updated news + reviews English content - http://www.neural.it/english/ Suoni Futuri Digitali - http://www.neural.it/projects/sfd/ _______________________________________________ nettime-ann mailing list nettime-ann@nettime.org http://www.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-ann