Workshops on Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:53:20 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Environmental festival

.
Would  you please, put our anouncement in your list?
WE ARE interested VERY much to GET environmental ACTIVISTS here to Armenia!

Dear colleagues,
currently we are looking for candidates to be speakers, trainers, experts
in any part of our workshop program.
Please, let us know, if you personally, or anyone you may suggest, could
be interested to be involved in workshops program of our festival.
We are looking forward for your quick response,
We would  very much appreciate your involvement.
Yours sincerely,
 the coordinators team

Call for Experts

Dear colleagues,

The organizers of SUN CHILD first regional environmental festival are
happy to invite you to the cooperation within the framework of Festival
Workshop Program, which will be held from in April and October 2007 in
Armenia.
The first SunChild environmental festival is going to be a meeting
place for environmental key-players, organizations and individuals, film
makers, and possibly, artists. It could also become a platform for
forming of ?environmental thoughts? through open disputes, discussions,
conferences, workshops and training.

Our team is mainly engaged with the organization of the workshops and
seminars during the festival in October 6-10, 2007. We plan to conduct the
Workshop Program in the following format:

?	Workshop on Advocacy Coalition building Networking on particularly
environmental issues (duration 1 day) with presentation of practical
tools, success stories, preparing action plans for future activities in
the region; panel discussions and invited speakers,
?	?Exhibition of advocacy tools? for public participation in
environmental decision-making in several rooms to show the advocacy
campaigns, and successful tools, stories etc.
?	?Deconstructing the concrete? artists, film-makers, writers,
architects and public activists are coming together to learn how we can
change the environment: European experience, contemporary approaches to
public issues.
?	?Eco- tourism exhibition?, the aim of which is the promotion of local
communities projects on Ecotourism, presentation of tour- agencies?
products, presentation of international projects on eco tourism
implemented in the region, publication of booklets with based on this
exhibition.
?	?Sustainable tourism??, Central topics: What is sustainable tourism? How
to cooperate in sustainable tourism?  This workshop will be give the
difference between "ecotourism" and "sustainable tourism";
will introduce the "Global Convention on Biological Diversity" and its
touristical implications Potentialities of cooperation in sustainable
tourism (e.g. agriculture ->
catering trade -> accomodation) .  There will be a final discussion on
Sustainable tourism in Armenia? Prospects, potential, obstacles.

We hope this will encourage public participation in environmental
decision-making and assist in the solution of the most acute
environmental problems in the region and this would be possible to
achieve first of all by establishing required contacts, maintaining
information databases, dissemination of information to all concerned
and other communication efforts.
Thus, we, the organizing team of the workshop part of the Festival

are happy to invite you and your organization to the cooperation in any
of above mentioned components of the workshop.

Our team appreciate any support from your side to make our hopes become
real and value your participation in the Festival Workshop Program.
Please, let us know if there would be any comments, questions, ideas
you would like to discuss and the topics you would like to address
regarding your participation. We plan to receive initial responses on
participation till February 10, 2007.

Thank you for your consideration,

Karen Hakobian,
Mariam Elmasyan,
Lala Aslikyan
Workshop Coordinating Team
SUN CHILD Regional Environmental Festival
Foundation for the Preservation of Wildlife and Cultural Assets of
Armenia

#5 Byron St., 375 009, Yerevan, ARMENIA