220hex on Sat, 5 May 2007 20:12:07 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Piksel07 - call for projects

.

 -- Piksel07
 -- november 15-18 2007

 -- call for participation
 -- deadline july 15. 2007

 Piksel[1] is an international event for artists and developers working with
open source audiovisual software, hardware & art. Part workshop, part
festival, it is organised in Bergen, Norway, by the Bergen Centre for
Electronic Arts (BEK) [2] and involves participants from more than a dozen
countries exchanging ideas, coding, presenting art and software projects,
doing workshops, performances and discussions on the aesthetics and politics
of FLOSS & art.

 This years event - Piksel07 - continues the exploration of free/libre and
open source audiovisual code and it's myriad of expressions, and also
investigates further the open hardware theme introduced at Piksel06.

 Piksel07 is done in collaboration with Gallery 3,14[3] which will host this
years exhibition. Piksel is organised by BEK and a community of core
participants including members of collectives dyne.org, goto10.org, ap/xxxxx,
hackitectura.net, riereta.net, drone.ws, gephex.org and others.

 open CALL for PROJECTS

 For the exhibition and other parts of the programme we currently seek
projects in the following categories:

 1. Installations
 Projects related to the open hardware theme including but not restricted to:
circuit bending, reverse engineering, repurposing, modding and DIY
electronics, preferably programmed by and running on free and open source
software.

 2. Audiovisual performance
 Live art realised by the use of open source software and/or hardware.

 3. Software/Hardware presentations
 Innovative DIY hardware and audiovisual software tools or software art
released under an open licence.

<<<<<<  Deadline - july 15. 2007 >>>>>>

 Please use the online submit form at:
 http://www.piksel.no/piksel07/subform.html

 or send documentation material - preferably as a URL to online documentation
with images/video to piksel07@bek.no

 Contact:

 BEK
 att: Gisle Froysland
 C. Sundtsgt. 55
 5004 Bergen
 Norway

 More info: http://www.piksel.no

 piksel07 is produced in cooperation with Kunsthoegskolen in Bergen dep The
Academy of Fine Arts, Gallery 3,14. Supported by Bergen Kommune, Norsk
Kulturfond and Vestnorsk Filmsenter.

 links:

 [1] http://www.piksel.no
 [2] http://www.bek.no