CONT3XT . NET on Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:12:27 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> TAGallery 008_Appropriation & Immateriality | CONT3XT.NET.NEWS #15.07
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: <nettime-ann> TAGallery 008_Appropriation & Immateriality | CONT3XT.NET.NEWS #15.07
- From: CONT3XT.NET <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 06:49:00 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; bh=aQK8AbuIX++qG3ilHRgne85ne4HHaqWDCoB4LV8cSFc=; b=P1579z33vYECm1rGMmAfGcVULZlQ1mxUjb6Cics9b/4xPbS6B/xZawTGiAyJXvsfQtUXkISBu4+Q3Tid+W9vM9svzCWqMdwCB26PQb3lO+Khm6LuiLFsidzvqy5WoEv6Vnq1ALqb78q/ziw02GbzyK9JWhp0/5Mvcf4d40o5Fa8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; b=EXCEbmyvxlkr8h4PDI7QfS+LKklnTTY9NYp+5D1htumNoPzSYzFaMs9ZSQTlZoYIdRL248IFCU0Jf372FNj9ebGuvuGHQVbDihlQVxHU9yvz597tzs3zb7jDGBw4vXxUfznNMiCuLPslzscQbaWqg4U3v6MNcG3CZhEQJjLCPGw=
.TAGallery 008_Appropriation & Immateriality
By Vanessa Oniboni - Dispatx Art Collective
TAGallery by CONT3XT.NET extends the idea of a tagged exhibition and transfers the main tasks of noncommercial exhibition spaces to the discourse of an electronic data-space. The method of tagging allows the attribution of artworks to different thematic fields. Exhibition_008 was tagged by Vanessa Oniboni - Dispatx Art Collective.
The works that make up this collection derived from the extensive catalogue developed by Dispatx Art Collective since 2004 and have a specific focus on appropriation and immateriality.
The manifestation of online curatorial practice – given the possibility of revision, modification and amplification via tags, comments and mash-ups of works in a given collection – evokes appropriation by its very nature.
This means of doing, of witnessing the relationships between given data and of creating transparent curatorial activity, opens a series of reflections concerning the potential and actual roles of art in society. The selection of given works, whose intention is to create a non-linear narrative capable of questioning and analysing the intersection between the creative product and the process of ideation, underlines differing means of appropriation and of assimilating the immaterial.
The act of confrontation between spectator / user and the given works is once again part of the new curatorial dynamic. The very fact of their immateriality – works with which one can interact – in itself opens new registers by which one might gain an understanding. A work may be finalized and yet its critical bases remain open; while both practice and ends vary, the internet serves as a developmental core.
Our selection of works in TAGallery achieves even greater coherence through spectatorial intervention – the interposition of a powerful network of connections and interrelationships. Having established a unifying curatorial theme, Dispatx Art Collective works to allow the combined spectators sufficient liberty in their inevitable redefinition – the pushing of established norms. We believe fundamentally in a transparent, open curatorial and artistic process such that artists and users can participate in a directed dialogue evidencing the structure and the relationships between the works making up the theme of Appropriation and Immateriality.
Exhibition at TAGallery
With works by
Sandra Gamarra, Antoni Abad, El Hombre que Comía Diccionarios, Santiago Ortiz, The Yes Men, Robert Hodgin, Sascha Pohflepp
About Vanessa Oniboni - Dispatx Art Collective
Dispatx Art Collective is the leading online curatorial platform investigating the development and presentation of contemporary art and literature. It was created in 2004 by Oliver Luker, Vanessa Oniboni and David Stent.
This is a newsletter by CONT3XT.NET (ZVR: 999765999, Vienna/Austria). If you do not want to receive information anymore please reply with "NO newsletter".
nettime-ann mailing list