CONT3XT . NET on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:02:02 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> TAGallery 009_FWD:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:_Redirect | CONT3XT.NET.NEWS #16.07
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: <nettime-ann> TAGallery 009_FWD:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:_Redirect | CONT3XT.NET.NEWS #16.07
- From: CONT3XT.NET <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 23:21:04 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; bh=Fe04R8ukBGcndapUXZogfx0QYd+lhddA4yoCeeKekWU=; b=jRSpAjI0ZuUZYRrMA9ZA0tlXd47vtfX6dhBbrPLEwFJWiRpl87yOm3t3KPUlH/UedPWnC52BeuBIa/DvgZD+I0G0KcEl68drsLcSe0yAipHYYstgDVVRCWdwH8dRJFrkkOvE0qzu0HsnW524lrvSVHUs8MYXW8aUsoygipgeU4g=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; b=gJZU2eXevA7hhfIaOHQp4NmerRZz+JcUJAYN7zIDjH9DzUA4lEwwubvABz0nPSrjJ+l5C0AaCCDnJfwYno/okIi6LPZAd6hwDIvFkCH0pD/DvFJ4Q4cTDv0d11zr812x4l7J9rWinDmWV9DNuFp2Wi8sPFizXpQwA9JvuM2ahLA=
By !Mediengruppe Bitnik - #!/usr/bin/doma
----- ----- -----
TAGallery by CONT3XT.NET extends the idea of a tagged exhibition and transfers the main tasks of noncommercial exhibition spaces to the discourse of an electronic data-space. The method of tagging allows the attribution of artworks to different thematic fields. Exhibition_009 was tagged by !Mediengruppe Bitnik - #!/usr/bin/doma.
FWD:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Redirect or how to challenge an existing semiotic regime by finding ways to interact with the system constituting it. Or as Stanley Aronowitz put it: "We deconstruct the "givenness" to show the cracks that sutures have patched, to demonstrate that what is taken as priviledged discourse is merely a construction that conceals power and selfinterest." This Tagallery-exhibition explores into the different strategies an artist can use to shift perspectives, to give new insights into the workings of an environment or even open the environment to new uses.
With works by: Johannes Gees, Gianni Motti, Monika Sosnowska, Kurhaus Weissbad, Desiree Palmen, Erik Bünger, Heath Bunting, Amos Latteier, Michael Rakowitz
Exhibition at TAGallery
----- ----- -----
About !Mediengruppe Bitnik - #!/usr/bin/doma
The Zurich based !Mediengruppe Bitnik is an arts collective which works in the development of media art projects. Bitniks main focus is to investigate digital and analog media and the impact they have on society. This exploratory work is put into practice in exhibitions and in the development of software and social interfaces, thereby aiming at creating new fields for social and cultural action and collaboration.
In their latest project, Opera Calling, !Mediengruppe Bitnik have been exploring into hacking as a means for artistic production: Opera Calling, performed live between March and May 2007, is an artistic intervention into the cultural system of the Zurich Opera. By means of a audio-bug placed within the auditorium of the local opera house, the outside public is given access to the performances on stage. The performances are retransmitted to the public not through broadcasting, but by telephoning each person in Zurich individually.
----- ----- -----
This is a newsletter by CONT3XT.NET (ZVR: 999765999, Vienna/Austria). If you do not want to receive information anymore please reply with "NO newsletter".
nettime-ann mailing list