Ava Bromberg on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:07:17 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> CFP: CRITICAL PLANNING, UCLA URBAN PLANNING JOURNAL: VOLUME 15, 2008

.
Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to interested students, faculty, scholars, artists, activists, and practitioners of all sorts.

For a pdf version of the call for papers, please see our website: www.spa.ucla.edu/critplan

many thanks,
Ava Bromberg
Managing Editor, Critical Planning
PhD Candidate, UCLA Urban Planning
***

CRITICAL PLANNING
UCLA Journal of Urban Planning

CALL FOR PAPERS:
Volume 15, Summer 2008

In honor of our 15th anniversary, this year's volume of Critical Planning is devoted to identifying and highlighting the most current critical approaches to urban theory, research and practice. We seek submissions that 1) address the challenges confronting the present and future of cities and regions in the U.S. and around the world and, 2) display an original and critical perspective on recent theoretical developments, policies and practices. We invite submissions from all disciplines as well as the use of various methodologies. We encourage cross-disciplinary, multi-scalar and mixed-method approaches.

Critical Planning is a double-blind peer-reviewed publication. Feature articles are generally between 5,000 and 7,000 words, while shorter articles are between 1,000 and 3,000. All submissions should be written according to the standards of the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th Edition. Footnotes should be placed at the end of the document. Please double-space all parts of the manuscript and leave one-inch margins on all sides. Tables and images should be separated from the text. Images should be provided in .tif format, not exceeding a width of five inches and a resolution of 600 dpi (a width of 3000 pixels). Include a cover sheet with the article's title; the author's name, phone number, email address; and a two-sentence biographical statement. Please do not put identifying information (name or affiliation) anywhere but the cover sheet.

Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis. Feel free to contact us by email to discuss your ideas.

Manuscripts should be submitted by 5pm on December 15, 2007 as .doc attachments via email to: critplan@ucla.edu and two hardcopies (postmarked by Dec. 15) should be mailed to:

Critical Planning
C/O Ava Bromberg, Managing Editor
UCLA Department of Urban Planning
School of Public Affairs
3250 Public Policy Building
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1656
Email: critplan@ucla.edu
Website: http://www.spa.ucla.edu/critplan/

For pdf version of call please see our website.