Drew Hemment on Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:37:35 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Futuresonic Art Commission and Conference - Call for Submissions

.

FUTURESONIC 2008
Urban Festival of Art, Music & Ideas
1-4 May, Manchester, UK

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Futuresonic now invites artists, thinkers and makers to submit
proposals to its Art, Music, Ideas and EVNTS strands. Join us
for one of the biggest Social's of the year.

A GBP 5000 commission plus many other opportunities are available:
Art and Conference deadlines -- 5pm 18th December 2007
Music and EVNTS deadlines -- 5pm 7th February 2008

THE SOCIAL - SOCIAL NETWORKING UNPLUGGED

The Futuresonic 2008 theme is The Social - Social Networking Unplugged.
Digital culture burns bright with a vision of being not in isolation but in
groups, placing the relations between people first. Beyond the hype
lies ever greater isolation and conformity. Join us as we go in
search of the social.

http://www.futuresonic.com/getinvolved

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

FUTURESONIC ART - SUBMIT NOW

A commission valued at GBP 5000 is available to create a new artwork, plus Futuresonic can support a limited number of other projects, addressing the Social Networking Unplugged theme. Futuresonic's art strand focuses on social and participatory artworks which re-imagine the city.

Art Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 18th December 2007

http://www.futuresonic.com/getinvolved

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

FUTURESONIC IDEAS - SUBMIT NOW

The Futuresonic international conference and the Social Technologies Summit invite proposals for talks, presentations, workshops and session themes. Submissions of innovative formats for social interaction and experimentation are encouraged. Conference theme - Online, Mobile and Unplugged Social Networking.

Conference Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 18th December 2007

http://www.futuresonic.com/getinvolved

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

FUTURESONIC MUSIC - SUBMIT NOW

In 2008 we invite musicians to share their take on innovative, original and daring 21st century music with our audience. Futuresonic's roots are in post-dub electronic music, and it showcases genre defying great live music. Futuresonic will be able to support a limited number of performances.

Music Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 7th February 2008

http://www.futuresonic.com/getinvolved

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

FUTURESONIC EVNTS - SUBMIT NOW

Futuresonic now invites any programmer, curator, promoter, label or artist group anywhere in the world to take part in EVNTS 2008, a city- wide showcase of affiliated events. EVNTS has grown into a community of people who each year return to give the festival an extra edge. Awards of GBP 1000 and GBP 500 are available via the EVNT Competition.

EVNTS Competition deadline -- 5pm, 7th February 2008
EVNTS 2008 showcase deadline -- 5pm, 20th March 2008

http://www.futuresonic.com/getinvolved

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

TICKETS

CONFERENCE PASS

Early Bird Delegate Pass
GBP 60 (must be bought by February 1 2008)
Advance Delegate Pass
GBP 100
Delegate Pass (on the door)
GBP 150
Students/Concessions
GBP 30

Further discounts available for group bookings.

A limited number of pay-what-you-can Day Passes will be available on each day of the conference.

The Conference Pass includes access to all festival events.

Email your name, address and contact details to ideas2008@futuresonic.com and we will send you full details on Futuresonic Conference 2008 as well as priority booking options.

OTHER FESTIVAL TICKETS

Details of Weekender Wristbands and Events Tickets available soon.

http://www.futuresonic.com

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

FUTURESONIC 2008

Futuresonic has 4 strands: Art, Music, Ideas and EVNTS. Currently in its 12th year, the festival occupies the orbits of both music and digital culture.

A focus in recent years has been presenting artworks in unexpected city spaces, and on social art and social technologies.

Futuresonic now invites artists, thinkers and makers to get social and present new types of collaborative social experience at Futuresonic 2008.

This is a time when we see how electronic communication can isolate us, as more and more people drown in a deluge of email that generates stress, even reducing IQ; and it is 40 years since people took to the streets of Paris in 1968 calling for society to be abolished.

Join us as we go in search of the social today.

Web 2.0...
I take part
you take part
he takes part
we take part
you all take part
they profit.
(Slogan from Paris '68, remixed)

http://www.futuresonic.com

Futuresonic is supported by Arts Council England North West and
presented in association with Imagination at Lancaster.