Geert Lovink on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:41:25 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Peter Gendolla, Jörgen Schäfer (eds.) The Aesthetics of Net Literature

.
Dear Madam or Sir,

we would like to inform you about a new publication:

Peter Gendolla, Jörgen Schäfer (eds.)
The Aesthetics of Net Literature
Writing, Reading and Playing in Programmable Media

Februar 2007, 394 P.
kart., î 33,80, $ 39.95, $C 49.95, £ 29.95
ISBN: 978-3-89942-493-5

During recent years, literary texts in electronic and networked media have
been a focal point of literary scholarship, using varying terminology. In
this book, the contributions of internationally renowned scholars and
authors from Germany, USA, France, Finland, Spain and Switzerland review the
ruptures and upheavals of literary communication within this context. The
articles in the book focus on questions such as: In which literary projects
can we discover a new quality of literariness? What are the terminological
and methodological means to examine these literatures? How can we
productively link the logics of the play of literary texts and their
reception in the reading process? What is the relationship of literary
writing and programming?
With contributions by Jean-Pierre Balpe, Susanne Berkenheger, Friedrich W.
Block, Philippe Bootz, Laura Borrs Castanyer, Markku Eskelinen, Frank
Furtwängler, Peter Gendolla, Loss Pequeo Glazier, Fotis Jannidis, Thomas
Kamphusmann, Mela Kocher, Marie-Laure Ryan, Jörgen Schäfer, Roberto
Simanowski and Noah Wardrip-Fruin.

Peter Gendolla (Prof. Dr. phil.) is Professor of Literature, Art, New Media
and Technologies at the University of Siegen.
Jörgen Schäfer (Dr. phil.) is Assistant Professor at the "Forschungskolleg
Medienumbrüche" at the University of Siegen.
WWW: www.litnet.uni-siegen.de

For further information please visit:
http://www.transcript-verlag.de/ts493/ts493.htm

If you would like to order our books, please feel free to contact our
distributor:

transacion publishers
390 Campus Drive
Somerset, NJ 07830