Turbulence on Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:05:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Networked Music Review Commission: "I Can't Go On, I'll Go On" by Haeyoung Kim

.
March 24, 2008
Networked Music Review Commission: "I Can't Go On, I'll Go On" by Haeyoung
Kim
http://turbulence.org/works/cant_will/index.php
Needs Flash Player and Speakers On

"I Can't Go On, I'll Go On" is an interactive art piece inspired by Samuel
Beckett's short novel, "Molloy." The work is presented in two parts: a blog
for you to contribute your thoughts about Beckett's writing; and the
multimedia generated by your entries.

"In 2007 I began to learn to ride a bicycle. This for me was a choice not so
much determined by reasons of pleasure but as a way of manifesting my need
to literally move on with my life. Around the same time, I began to read
Beckett's famous Three Novels, and was moved in particular by "Molloy."
Bicycles are a very important metaphor in this book." Haeyoung Kim

"I Can't Go On, I'll Go On" is a 2007 commission of New Radio and Performing
Arts, Inc., for Networked Music Review. It was made possible with the
funding from the New York State Music Fund, established by the New York
State Attorney General at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.

BIOGRAPHY

A sound artist, composer, and audio engineer, Haeyoung Kim explores the
territory of sounds in electronic music. Currently, under the name
Bubblyfish, she has been creating 8-bit and experimental sound works.
Haeyoung has collaborated with many respected sound and visual artists such
as Malcolm McLaren, the founder of Sex Pistols, Hans Jochim Rodelius, and
the Brussels based media art group, Lab[au]. Her work has been presented in
art venues, clubs, festivals, and galleries internationally including The
American Museum of the Moving Image, Pompidou Center, Kunsthalle Wien,
MUTEK, LABoral, Lincoln Center Walter Reed Theater, and The New Museum.

For more Networked_Music_Review Commissions please visit
http://turbulence.org/networked_music_review/tags/nmr_commission

Jo-Anne Green, Co-Director
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.: http://new-radio.org
New York: 917.548.7780 . Boston: 617.522.3856
Turbulence: http://turbulence.org
Networked_Performance Blog: http://turbulence.org/blog
Networked_Music_Review: http://turbulence.org/networked_music_review
Upgrade! Boston: http://turbulence.org/upgrade