Andrew Murphie on Thu, 5 Jun 2008 20:36:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Models, Metamodels and Contemporary Media - Issue 12 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now

.
Models, Metamodels and Contemporary Media - Issue 12 of the Fibreculture Journal - online now

edited by Gary Genosko and Andrew Murphie

http://journal.fibreculture.org/issue12/
--

Schizoanalysis as Metamodeling - Janell Watson

Plastic Super Models: aesthetics, architecture and the model of emergence - Pia Ednie-Brown

Regaining Weaver and Shannon - Gary Genosko

On Transmission: A Metamethodological Analysis (after Régis Debray) - Steven Maras

Toward An Ontology of Mutual Recursion: Models, Mind and Media - Mat Wall-Smith

The Models and Politics of Mobile Media - Gerard Goggin

Tag-elese or The Language of Tags - Jan Simons

Who's Afraid of Technological Determinism? Another Look at Medium Theory - John Potts

--
"Take me to the operator, I want to ask some questions" - Barbara Morgenstern

"Of course it is always possible to work oneself into a state of complete contentment with an ultimate irrationality" - Alfred North Whitehead

"I thought I had reached port; but I seemed to be cast back again into the open sea" (Deleuze and Guattari, after Leibniz)

Andrew Murphie - Associate Professor
School of English, Media and Performing Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 2052
Editor - The Fibreculture Journal <http://journal.fibreculture.org/
web:
http://andrew.murphie.googlepages.com/
http://adventuresinjutland.wordpress.com/