|Frens Frijns_STRP on Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:10:32 +0200 (CEST)|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|<nettime-ann> Baltan Laboratories is looking for a director|
BALTAN LABORATORIES is a new media lab, based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Eindhoven, as the city of Philips, High Tech Campus and the TU/e university of technology, but also the Design Academy and the Van Abbemuseum wants to take the next step in exploring and shaping the relationship between technology and the arts. The lab is currently a two-year experiment that will be continued if successful. One of the lab’s commissions is to research a contemporary version of La Poeme Electronique. The lab will also examine in theory and in practice how an ideal laboratory for art/science projects should look when pursued. In October 2008, BALTAN will start its activities in a space of almost 500 m2 on the 8th floor of the SWA building in Strijp S. Strijp S is a former 27 hectare industrial site that will be developed as Eindhoven’s second urban heart over the next 12 years. Strijp S also houses the famous, original Philips NatLab (physics laboratory), which serves as an inspiration for BALTAN. BALTAN’s artistic staff comprises Gideon Kiers and Lucas van de Velden from Telcosystems, Geert Mul and Marc Maurer.
BALTAN IS LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR
4. In collaboration with the board, ensuring the continuation of the BALTAN LAB after two years and developing a blueprint for the next phase
- This position is for 32 hours a week.
- Desired starting date for the position is the 1st of October 2008.
- The Director must reside in or be willing to relocate to Eindhoven or the immediate vicinity.
- More information can be obtained from Ton van Gool, chairman of the board, through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must have been received by the 15th of September and must be sent to email@example.com
_______________________________________________ nettime-ann mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-ann