Nishant Shah on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:25:25 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Talk by Jimmy Wales and Sue Gardner: Wikipedia and free Culture

.
Apologies for Cross Posting

Dear All,
The Centre for Internet and Society, in collaboration with the Bangalore
International Centre, is proud to host a discussion focusing on Wikipedia
and free culture, with Jimmy 'Jimbo' Wales (Founder, Wikipedia) and Sue
Gardner (Wikimedia Foundation), on the 13th of December, at the Bangalore
International Centre, Bangalore.

You can find more details about the event at
http://cis-india.org/events/wikipedia-and-free-culture

It is a free event, though registration is compulsory. We shall look forward
to discussions on the recent controversies and debates that have surrounded
the Wikipedia, and the ways in which questions of knowledge, authority,
authorship and information are changing in our rapidly transforming
Information Societies.

Please distribute and disseminate the information as you see suitable.

We shall look forward to seeing you there,

Warmly
Nishant

--
Nishant Shah