Zeta Books Newsletter on Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:41:25 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Lorenzo Altieri - EIDOS ET PATHOS (new book)

.
Title: Untitled Document
Zeta Books - Newsletter nr. 2 / 2007

Zeta Books is proud to announce you its latest publication in phenomenology:

 Lorenzo Altieri

EIDOS ET PATHOS
Corporéité et signification entre phénoménologie et
linguistique cognitive

Publication Date: February 10, 2009
Size: 5.83 x 8.27 in (A5)
Pages: 379
ISBN: 978-973-1997-00-1

Book (paperback): 25 EUR
e-Book
(PDF): 9 EUR

    [direct link]

TABLE DES MATIÈRES

Introduction : La crise des sciences cognitives et la phénoménologie

Première partie : S’é-mouvoir : le corps phénoménologique entre mouvement et sentir
I. L’impossible incarnation : le corps dans la phénoménologie de Husserl
II. Le Dasein sans corps : l’autre oubli de Martin Heidegger
III. Le cogito asubjectif : la jonction de sentir et mouvement dans la phénoménologie de Jan Patočka
IV. De l’eidos à l’action : Paul Ricoeur et la phénoménologie herméneutique de l’homme capable
V. La phénoménologie dans la chair: corporéité, praxis et symbolisme chez Merleau-Ponty

Deuxième partie : La philosophie dans la chair: embodiment et signification dans la linguistique cognitive
I. La sémantique cognitive : le « tournant corporel » de la philosophie du langage
II. Si l’amour est un voyage : les métaphores avec lesquelles nous vivons
III. Les structures du monde de la vie : perception et catégorisation
IV. Un art caché dans les profondeurs de l’âme humaine: schématisme et cognition
V. L’émotion de la raison phénoménologie et sémantique du pathos

Conclusion : L’origine de la vérité

DESCRIPTION

This work is the result of a crossed research between phenomenology and cognitive science concerning the problems of corporality and incarnation of the meaning of the experience itself. The leading idea of our research is that of searching an approach of the signification, of the comprehension and of the truth that would constitute an alternative to both transcendental idealism and reductionist materialism. Our position could be summed up in the formula of phenomenological experiential realism.
The syncretism of the approaches is the main methodological characteristic of the book, as it is reflected in the structure of the work: in its first part, focusing on phenomenology, it is taken into consideration the analysis of one’s own body, of the motility and of the sense at authors such as Husserl, Heidegger, Merleau-Ponty, Patočka, Ricoeur; while in the second part we have shifted to the field of the philosophy of language and cognition, taking interest in a relatively new and still developing trend: cognitive semantics (Lakoff, Johnson, Fauconnier, Turner and – with differences – Eco).
 We have traced in the notion of embodiment proposed by cognitive linguistics a concept that can interlock the phenomenological notion of one’s own body, and in a larger vision, to Merleau-Ponty’s philosophy of the flesh. The fundamental idea that encompasses our project is that of a “corporeal scheme” in the heart of the perceptive, cognitive and linguistic process, which, in its practical and affective interaction with the environment, forms our spirit and gives a cognitive coherence to our experience of the world.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Lorenzo Altieri is a PhD in Philosophy of the University Paris IV – Sorbonne and the University of Naples “Federico II”, where he collaborates with the chair of Philosophy of Language.
In 2004 he published a monography about the work of Ricoeur: Le Metamorfosi di Narciso. Il Cogito itinerante di Paul Ricoeur (La Città del Sole).
He is the author of numerous articles in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
He is secretary of the REM (Réseau Euro-Méditerranéen de phénoménologie pour le dialogue interculturel).

Zeta Books
Address

52 Carol I Bldv, ap. 5
020923 Bucharest,
Romania
Telephone
Fax
0040 733 046 689
0040 318 166 779
Website www.zetabooks.com
Orders orders@zetabooks.com

You have received this information newsletter because your have either subscribed directly to Zeta Books or your e-mail has been found on a public website related to the type of books we sell. We apologize if it has reached you by mistake.

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link

Forward a Message to Someone this link