Marieke Istha on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:54:35 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Call for media initiatives

.
Call for media initiatives

On May 8, 2009, the Netherlands Media Art Institute will hold the symposium âPositions in flux: On the changing role of the artist and the institutionâ in Amsterdam. Please find the symposiumâs programme attached to this email.

The second panel is dedicated to the ânew nodes in the digital mapâ, i.e. new media (art) initiatives and organisations such as yours. We would like to get a better understanding of the local situation in which these new initiatives and groups establish themselves and which artistic practices derives from it. What are the challenges that you have to face and how do you envision the future of your initiative?

You can participate in our debate not only by watching the live stream of the symposium. We will also enable an online live chat which will be visible at the symposiumâs venue. So-called âchat agentsâ and the moderators will pick up questions and comments from that live chat and include them in the debate. The links to the chat and the stream will to be found on our website http://www.nimk.nl .We are hoping for your participation in the debate.

In addition to this you could also send us a 2 minutes max video (or the link to it) in which you explain your situation, artistic practices and vision. We would screen these contributions during the symposium, during or before the second panel. Moreover we would publish the videos or links on the media art platform www.mediaartplatform.org.
This gives you the chance to promote your activities and inform the symposiumâs attendees about your work which will hopefully result in new connections and collaborations.

Please send us your material before May 6, 2009 to elena@nimk.nl
We are looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Susanne Jaschko
Chief curator Netherlands Media Art Institute

Please see the programme of the symposium at  http://www.nimk.nl/en/index_agenda.php?cat=l&id=297

The symposium is part of the 'Here we are â There we go' programme at the Netherlands Media Art Institute, May 8th â 10th, 2009 which takes place on the occasion of the Instituteâs 30th anniversary. 'Here we are â There we go' celebrates the Instituteâs achievements in these thirty years and plans for the future with an inspiring open house weekend of artist talks, performances, installations, tours and a party. More information:
http://www.nimk.nl/en/index_agenda.php?cat=l&id=298

Netherlands Media Art Institute
Keizersgracht 264
1016 EV Amsterdam