Mason Dixon on Fri, 22 May 2009 18:42:27 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Festival of Spiritual Art

.

The 1st Annual Chicago Festival of Spiritual Art will be held Memorial
Day weekend May 22 - 25, at Life Force Arts Center, 3148 N. Lincoln
Av., Chicago.

This amazing Festival features spiritual visual, literary and
performing art in four days of performances, workshops, lectures,
panel discussions, and a large visual art exhibit. Over 30 artists
working in various media will be presenting their work, all united by
expressing spirit through art. Come for enrichment, enlightenment,
healing, and fun!  For complete details and schedule, please visit
www.lifeforcearts.org.

Suggested offering of $40 for one day, $100 for entire event; but any
offering accepted, no one turned away for lack of funds.

Spiritual art is the best kept secret, the elephant in the living room
that no one talks about. So many artists work from a spiritual basis,
but it has not been a field or genre of its own. The Chicago Festival
of Spiritual Art aims to change that.  We will be exploring various
approaches to spiritual art of all media, such as:
	•	art that flows from spiritual practice
	•	art that creates connection to spirit for the audience
	•	art for spiritual healing

Join us for an Opening Ceremony and Reception on Friday May 22. Food
donated by A La Turka restaurant (our next door neighbors!) Juliann
Wang and Graham will play some exquisite music (guitar, flute,
harmonica) and Louise Cloutier will present Making the Visible Audible
- Musical Portraits of Art, in which she will "sing" the artwork in
the exhibit.

Saturday at Noon John Sacelli will speak on Magic and the Origins of
Language.  Saturday afternoon is Poet's Corner! We have Peter Kime,
John Sacelli, Diana Harris and MaryAnn Bennett Rosberg all presenting
their poetry, as well as having a panel discussion "Words and Spirit"
about how spirit relates to writing.