mez breeze on Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:47:03 +0100 (CET)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
<nettime-ann> Announcing: _:terror(aw)ed patches:_ [A Google Wave(let) Transformation Wurk]
- To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity <email@example.com>
- Subject: <nettime-ann> Announcing: _:terror(aw)ed patches:_ [A Google Wave(let) Transformation Wurk]
- From: mez breeze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:54:40 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=mQn6ZMazRoIJOaneJ/ceCsvo0dUvTDYi3Pk6mvGd8OI=; b=v6xIup1qiD8xPSd7v68L288cePAW9DXNsxhZ8k8vsL9/criAqhKYobeAmWOwwknsXr G1GK3wD2ggX9VDEeY4JlcFEBRBTBzTv4VX4mHpEa667OP05wMy7LQMNQQQzVEHDI9UsO nPH5MVlA3k22XKxTstW3wM/IU4PveCd0u78VM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=kS3TiIq74B/Peh6ENsWeqKvgGlT5yuEMAHBROUDZlhb5OlliBl/tP2nqbT+BF77RdU W497Xcx9FkIvTFO/M1LbE+am+rABH32Pb8JHlXJuZJA3tn1FLdKdPiK2GeO87PlL7BWn rVKWatZjLuNMWrMuXMbrb3jffonqelbB4MLlc=
A Google Wave(let) Transformation by Shane Hinton + Netwurker Mez, 2009
Title: _:terror(aw)ed patches:_
Description: Shane Hinton + Netwurker Mez create a new method of collaborative fiction through _live concurrent editing_ in Google Wave. This process results in expressive output[s] termed "Transformations":
"Google Wave uses an algorithmic variation of “operational transformations”
[live concurrent editing] which occur through a process called
- The server transforms the client’s request, resulting in the client manifesting the same transformed output.
- The notion of concurrency is invariably important as it mimics geophysical conversational states.
- Utilizing the server as a point of relay [when more than one
client's output is involved] assists in providing scalability and
- The playback feature allows the server to present the document as a
stream of operations that have occurred thus far in a particular
Transformation relies on continual modification...This accent on process acts to rewire the notion of
documents as statically defined “objects” and [by proxy] any
information contained within. This has enormous implications in regards
to such institutionally-governed categories such as literacy, media,
the professional/amateur divide, narrative, and information
construction." Feedback appreciated.
Synthetic Environment Strategist>
Game[r + ] Theorist.
nettime-ann mailing list