Jameson Wallace on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 09:38:11 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> The Institute for the Art and Practice of Dissent at Home

.

The Institute for the Art and Practice of Dissent at Home

Call for Artist Residencies
Call for artist residencies is open for 2010.
http://www.twoaddthree.org/

We are looking to fund 4 artist residencies a year.

Maximum sum £450.

We are primarily interested in dissent, financial transparency, homemade
aesthetics and critiques of consumer capitalism. When applying (on no
more than one A4 + CV), please outline how your residency would relate
to any of those themes. For more information see our past residencies,
see our website.

The Institute for the Art and Practice of Dissent at Home is a home- run
initiative, run out of the spare room of a council house in Everton,
Liverpool, UK. The Institute is run by a family of two adults and three
kids, collectively, twoaddthree (Gary Anderson, Lena Simic, Neal 9,
Gabriel 7 and Sid 2). The Institute is interested in social
transformation and has refigured a part of the family living space
(third spare bedroom) into a meeting place for artists, activists and
cultural dissenters. This activity is undertaken in order to develop and extend dialogues about a 'culture' not necessarily driven by market forces.

If interested please email theinstitute@twoaddthree.org