Chiara Passa on Mon, 24 May 2010 02:53:35 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> "Charting Art's Thoughts" OUT now!

.
Dear friends,

I'm glad to share with you my last net based artwork: "Charting Art's
Thoughts", 2010

"Charting Art's Thoughts" is a spontaneous neuronal network of
thoughts. Thus, thoughts about digital art from âHyperuraniumâ ;-)
have landed on a virtual map. The short (160 characters as twitter
displays messages) art's thoughts are generated from Twitter posts
that match a database of keywords related to art . At every page's
reload, the earthâs map refreshes itself and tracks new words and
phrases. Charting Art's Thoughts is a circuit where random thoughts on
new media art are shared on a map! This map is inspired from the
ideasonair.netâs theory that says: âIdeas are in the air and the earth
is spinning around, connecting with these ideas at various places. So
an identical idea could land or be had in New York and Rome at the same time.â

Link to the project: http://www.chiarapassa.it/publicart.html

Best regards, Chiara

--
Chiara Passa