Jacob Johanssen on Wed, 14 Jul 2010 02:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> [call] Cyborg Subjects - new academic and artistic website needs help and contributions

.

Dear all,

we write to you because we would like to tell you about an online journal, website and art forum we are working on. It is called "Cyborg Subjects: Discourses on Digital Culture". You can find out more at www.cyborgsubjects.org and in this email.

We have been fortunate to have been blessed with the wonderful partnership of monochrom, Arse Elektronika, and Videotage, and we are honored to introduce our early peer reviewers Christian Fuchs, Todd McGowan, and Lucille Holmes as well as our resident curator Alvis Choi. We have more names and partners potentially coming up that we are still keeping under our sleeves due to their tentative nature for the moment, but nonetheless, our crew promises to be a fantastic one.

And we want you to become part of it.

Here are the things we could really use:

And, of course, we need you to write to us! Anything. If you have time, please write new academic stuff we've never seen before. We'll help you launch your name into a big upcoming community of intellectuals. If you don't have that much time, write journalistically, like a simple blog post about our topic of the Cyborg Subject. If you have even less time, repost your old stuff you feel relevant. If you have just seconds to spare, send us links, awesome links you'd like to discuss more thoroughly, to anyone's piece, or really anything on the internet you feel should be theoretically relevant to our collective interests.

We're launching in September, and we want to launch with enough quality content to get us going right off the ground. Your presence is quality, and your link is quality. Help us build this online future-cultural intellectual bar!

Have a good day!

Bonni and Jacob