Doug Henwood on Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:06:19 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> new radio product

.
BEHIND THE NEWS with Doug Henwood

"Best Music on an Economics & Politics Radio Show"
Village Voice Best of NYC 2005

opening commentaries at:
<http://lbo-news.com/>

Note: this show no longer originates at WBAI. For an explanation, see the links on the radio archive page, below.

Just posted to my radio archive
<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html>:

January 15, 2011 Mark Ames, author of Going Postaland editor of The Exiled, on Tucson and how the U.S. is like a decaying Russia • Jefferson Cowie, author of Stayin' Alive: The 1970s and the Last Days of the Working Class, on the 1970s

it joins:
--------

January 8, 2011 (return after holiday reruns) Tyson Slocum of Public Citizen on the state of energy and climate politics in DC • Lucia Green-Weiskel, author of this Nation piece, on Cancún and Chinese energy and climate politics

December 18, 2010 Lucas Zeise, columnist with Financial Times Deutschland, on why Germany is taking such a hard line on the eurocrisis • Jodi Dean, keeper of the I Cite blog and author of Blog Theory, on what digital culture is doing to our minds, our politics, and our society

December 11, 2010 Elizabeth Currid-Halkett, author of Starstruck, on celebrity today • Joshua Holland, author of The Fifteen Biggest Lies About the Economy, talks about several of those lies (for the rest, buy the book)

December 4, 2010 Rebecca Thiess of the Economic Policy Institute on “progressive” deficit reduction (see her issue brief here) • Kyle Ash of Greenpeace on the climate negotiations in Cancún

November 27, 2010 Paul Street on the Tea Party, the dismalness of the Dems, and Obama’s elegant personal fit with that dismalness • Cordelia Fine, author of Delusions of Gender, on how all those claims of biological roots to differences between men & women are nonsense

November 20, 2010 Monica Potts, author of this article, on (the lack of) green jobs • Yanis Varoufakis, author of this article, on a better way to do a eurozone bailout

November 13, 2010 Leonie Haimson of Class Size Matters on the nomination of Cathie Black to run NYC’s public schools, and the whole education reform scam • Richard Walker on California’s crises

October 30, 2010 David Cay Johnston on the dismal state of incomes in the USA (see important update here) • Michael Hudson, author of The Monster, on the subprime beast

---

Doug Henwood
Producer, Behind the News
Saturdays, 10-11 AM, KPFA, Berkeley 94.1 FM
"best music on a show about economics & politics" - Village Voice

podcast: <http://shout.lbo-talk.org/lbo/radio-feed.php>
iTunes: <http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=73801817>
or <http://tinyurl.com/3bsaqb>
Facebook group: <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53240558375>.