coordinators TINAG on Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:59:44 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Posting artist call on your website & newsletter

.
Title: Posting artist call on your website & newsletter

Hello,

I hope you might remember me - last year you kindly posted our 'Open Call' and news of our festival on your newsletter.

I am writing again, to see whether you might be able to do the same this year?

Below are details of our 'Call' and attached is a logo.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,
Deepa Naik

"Open Call This Is Not A Gateway Festival On Cities"

YOU ARE INVITED TO CONTRIBUTE.

This Is Not A Gateway, an independent organisation that  brings together critically engaged emerging urbanists, is seeking submissions for its 4th annual festival (23-25 September 2011, London). Proposals are welcome from anybody whose point of reference is ‘the city’. There is no fee to propose a project for the festival.

THIS IS NOT A GATEWAY FESTIVAL is independent, critical, rigorous and productive - an open platform; an arena for criticality as well as proposition.
Submissions are sought from a lived knowledge/experience perspective, as well as from the widest range of disciplines.

DEADLINE FOR 1ST CALL: 05 MAY 2011
FESTIVAL DATES: 23-25 SEPTEMBER 2011, LONDON (UCL SLADE RESEARCH CENTRE)

Previous formats have included exhibitions, roundtable discussions, soapboxes, film screenings, walks, presentations, book and project launches. Participants have come from the fields of urban regeneration, economics, government, visual art, archaeology, activism, journalism, literature, architecture, planning, environmental protection, law, property, theory, housing, film, psychology, finance, philosophy, engineering, human rights & social justice.

There is no fee to propose a project for the festival, however work must be critical and propositional.

http:// www.thisisnotagateway.net

Please circulate. Thank you!

Deepa Naik & Trenton Oldfield

This Is Not A Gateway | Myrdle Court Press

http://thisisnotagateway.net | http://myrdlecourtpress.net

Twitter: http://twitter.com/NotAGateway

Critical Cities Series: http://www.criticalcities.net

Purchase books: http://myrdlecourtpress.net