Bishop Zareh on Fri, 2 Mar 2012 01:44:53 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Fwd: [London] Flossie 2012 CfP

.

CfP: FLOSSIE 2012, 25/26 May at QMUL, East London, UK

Flossie 2012 is a free, two-day event for women who work with, or are
interested in, Software Libre/FOSS in Open Data, Knowledge Digital Arts
and Education.

Flossie is an independent network of women practitioners that has its
roots in social change movements as well as arts, technology and
academia. Whether you code, tinker or want to explore alternatives to
‘big-tech’ corporations, all women are welcome.

The first day will mix micro-talks with birds of a feather sessions
about the work we do. On the second day there will be more structured
workshops and discussions for both experienced practitioners and women
new to FLOSS to make contact and skillshare.

*Submissions*
We invite proposals for talks, workshops and Birds of a Feather sessions

* Deadline for proposals, Monday 12 March 2012
* Submit proposal here: http://www.flossie.org/openconf/
* The organising committee will send notifications regarding session
proposals no later than 26 March 2012

*Who is this event for?*
• Women users and developers of FLOSS in digital arts, free culture,
open data, open knowledge, social change movements and non-profits
• Researchers, students and writers
• Women entrepreneurs and social innovators using FLOSS

*Themes:*
• Sharing our current experiences and achievements
• Building cross-disciplinary and cross-community networks
• Improving visibility of women in FLOSS as well as technology in
general and reaching out to new women

*Further Information*
If you have any questions regarding this event please email
conf@flossie.org

The conference will be on Friday 25 May and Saturday 26 May 2012 Queen
Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, E1 4NS
The nearest tube stations are Stepney Green and Mile End

*Call for participation*

Register here: http://flossie2012.eventbrite.co.uk/
Submit proposal here: http://www.flossie.org/openconf/

Flossie  2012, 25/26 March for digital artists, educators, entrepreneurs
and nonprofits using FLOSS - CfP: is.gd/Bt77CZ