Alan Sondheim on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 03:45:43 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> EVENTAL AESTHETICS CALL FOR PAPERS

.

EVENTAL AESTHETICS CALL FOR PAPERS

CFP
Evental Aesthetics, Vol. 2 No. 2
Deadline: July 15, 2013

The Editors of Evental Aesthetics, an independent, peer-reviewed, online
journal dedicated to philosophical and aesthetic intersections, are
pleased to invite submissions for our forthcoming issue.

We welcome both full-length articles (4,000-10,000 words, excluding
endnotes) and Collisions (1,000-2,000 words).  Collisions are brief (but
well-written and thoughtful) responses to aesthetic experiences that raise
philosophical questions for discussion, but that do not necessarily enact
the discussion in full.  More information on Collisions is available at
http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/.

This issue will have two parts, one dedicated to a specific theme, and the
other (.unthemed.) devoted to aesthetic, philosophical questions of any
kind.  The Editors therefore seek submissions in two categories.

1.	Aesthetics and philosophy (.unthemed.): This section will be
devoted to philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or
experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics.

2.	Animals and aesthetics: The themed section of this issue will
focus on aesthetic matters relating to animals.  Suggested topics include,
but are not limited to:
.	Animals in art
.	The aesthetics of zoos
.	Wildlife film
.	Taxidermy
.	Aesthetic matters in zoological science
.	Species taxonomy and aesthetics
.	Photography of ocean life and other species

Both categories may be freely interpreted, however all submissions must
address philosophical matters.

Please send your submissions electronically in MS Word format (doc or
docx), double-spaced in a legible font, in accordance with The Chicago
Manual of Style (endnotes).  Be sure to accompany your submission with an
abstract (max. 250 words), a bibliography, and at least 5 keywords that
may be used as search terms.  Articles must be in English, but we welcome
either American or British spelling provided the submission remains
consistent throughout.  Please note that all submissions must be formatted
for blind review.

Before submitting, please review our submission requirements, review
procedures, and copyright policy at

http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/.

Email your submission to eventalaesthetics . at . gmail . dot . com,  by
July 15, 2013.   Please include the word "submission: in the subject line
of your email, to make sure that it gets through our spam filters.
For announcements of forthcoming issues and future calls for authors, sign
up for our e-mail list at eventalaesthetics.net.