Miriam Rasch on Mon, 6 May 2013 16:03:02 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Save the Date: Society of the Query #2, November 7-8, 2013 in Amsterdam

.

This fall the Institute of Network Cultures invites you to the second Society of the Query conference on search and search engines - in theory and practice, present and history. Join us on November 7 and 8 in Amsterdam in our quest to re-think search! In the coming weeks the program will be put together, so be sure to check up on the Society of the Query page regularly.

Also, we're happy to announce that the next INC Reader will be concerning online search and is planned for publication early 2014. Both the conference and the reader will be produced in collaboration with René König, who has worked with the INC in 2012-2013. Expect a Call for Contributions soon. The previous reader came out last February, see Unlike Us Reader: Social Media Monopolies and Their Alternatives.

When interested in search, do read up on the Re-search blog or go back into the archives to the first Society of the Query conference in 2009.

Ideas and comments are welcome as always.

Hope to see you in November!

All the best from the INC,
Miriam

---
Miriam Rasch, MA
Institute of Network Cultures
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences | HvA
room 04A07
Rhijnspoorplein 1
NL-1091 GC Amsterdam
t: +31 20 5951865