Turbulence . org on Mon, 20 May 2013 16:17:33 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Turbulence Commission: "Nothing You Have Done Deserves Such Praise" by Jason Nelson

.
Turbulence Commission: "Nothing You Have Done Deserves Such Praise" by Jason Nelson
http://turbulence.org/works/nothing
[Needs speakers/headphones]

"Nothing You Have Done Deserves Such Praise" is an art/poetry/adventuring game, a playland for exploring our ever-present desire for constant and over-blown rewards. Our worlds (digital and breathing) are filled with needless and unearned praise, we are built to love exploding trophies for fifth place. This art/poetry game satisfies your compliment addiction by celebrating your walking/jumping/falling through strange and wondrous anatomical lands.

"Nothing You Have Done Deserves Such Praise" is a 2013 commission of New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. for its Turbulence website. It was funded by the National Endowment for the Arts.

BIOGRAPHY

Born from the Oklahoma flatlands of farmers and spring thunderstorms, JASON NELSON somehow stumbled into creating awkward and wondrous digital poems and interactive stories of odd lives, building confounding art games and all manner of curious digital creatures. Currently he professes Net Art and Electronic Literature at Australia’s Griffith University in the Gold Coast's contradictory shores. He exhibits widely with work featured around globe at FILE, ACM, LEA, ISEA, ACM, ELO and dozens of other acronyms. There are awards to list, boards he frequents, and other accolades, but in the web-based realm where his work resides, Jason is most proud of the millions of visitors his artwork/digital poetry portal secrettechnology.com attracts each year.

"Like" us on Facebook:
http://facebook.com/nrpa.org
http://facebook.com/turbulence.org

Follow us on Twitter: