alex on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:47:23 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> NIME performance and installation deadline approaching - 1st December

.
The Performance and Installation call for NIME 2014 is out now and the
deadline for submissions is in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS' TIME: 1st
December, with no late submissions accepted.  We would therefore like
to encourage everyone to get thinking about what they might like to
present in this category!

For NIME 2014, we will be hosting performances and gigs in a variety
of venues around Central London.  We plan to make some of these events
open to the public and are looking for really high quality
performances, from proven performers and makers.

We hope to include a diverse range of performances, and so are keen to
receive proposals which are out of the ordinary. For example, work
which focusses on the body in performance, such as the human voice,
the body in dance, or indeed music which makes audiences dance. We
also encourage works which challenge the conventions of NIME, such as
notions of liveness, or the role of notation, language or code in
performance. Historical perspectives on music performance technology
are also welcomed, for example work which combines computation with
textiles, augments traditional instruments, or draws on
complementarity with visual forms. With the increasing influence of
the maker movement, we also welcome proposals which include ad-hoc,
DIY and open source instruments.

If you have something you'd like to show in a less polished way, you
can simply tell us you'd like to show a 'performance demo' and these
will be most likely programmed in smaller venues closer to the
conference site.

The call can be viewed at the link below.
  http://www.nime2014.org/call-for-participation/

If you have any questions, please contact the artistic committee here:
  nime2014music@goldsmithsdigital.com

--
http://yaxu.org/