Emma O'Hare on Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:22:15 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> DRONES AT DEAF2014: Call for presentations and demonstrations 23 May

.
DRONES AT DEAF2014: Call for presentations and demonstrations on Friday 23 May 2014 from 2-4.30 pm

As drones proliferate, how will the concept of public space change? We are looking for artists, designers and practitioners working in the field of drones and spatial issues to present and demonstrate their work at DEAF 2014. On 23 May 2014, DEAF (Dutch Electronic Art Festival) dedicates a full day to the subject of drones.

The programme kicks off in the morning at Het Nieuwe Instituut with the seminar ‘Drones & Honeycombs,’ curated by Malkit Shoshan, an Israeli architect based in the Netherlands. She is currently developing her PhD dissertation at TU Delft and a long-term research project named ‘Drones and Honeycombs’ with Het Nieuwe Instituut, which focuses on the architecture and landscape of war and of international relations.

In the afternoon the stage is open to professionals who wish to share their drone related work with DEAF visitors.

If you would like to present or demonstrate your project indoors or outdoors at DEAF 2014 please forward your proposal (max 1 A4, max 2 visuals) to deaf@hetnieuweinstituut.nl

The deadline for proposals is 21 April 2014.

Emma O'Hare
Researcher / Editor
DEAF | Dutch Electronic Art Festival

T  +31 (0)6 - 50513457 I Office: +31 (0)10 206 7272
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam
@DEAFdotNL