Corina L. Apostol on Wed, 5 Aug 2015 20:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> ArtLeaks Gazette No.3 : Artists Against Precarity and Violence, now online!

.

We are very happy to announce the release of our latest issue of the ArtLeaks Gazette, entitled "Artists Against Precarity and Violence â Resistance Strategies, Unionizing, and Coalition Building in a Time of Global Conflict and Contradiction."ÂÂThis issue unpacks some important questions for the art field today about models of organizations, unionizing, and strategies of resistance for art workers. Our aim is to illuminate new ways of production and coalition building in international and local environments that, unfortunately, are increasingly hostile.

The gazette is freely available to read here:Âhttp://issuu.com/vladanrena/docs/artleaks_gazette_3

As a learning tool, this gazette is meant to contribute to the critical debates around censorship, exploitation and abuse highlighted on our online archive since 2011. We hope many of you will use it in your own self-organized schools, seminars, workshops, protest meetings, and join our community to push these issues even further.

Limited printed copies will be available soon. We are calling on those of you who regularly print as a part of your work to help us get the ALG by committing to small print runs of 50-100 copies. We encourage our readers to be an active part of spreading the ALG by hosting it on their site and forwarding it on to their networks.

The gazette includes texts by:ÂCorina L. Apostol, Ingela Johansson, Bojana PiÅkur, Dmitry Vilensky, MikoÅaj IwaÅski and Joanna Figiel, Xandra Popescu with Veda Popovici, Delia Popa andÂIoana Cojocaru, Alejandro Strus and Sonja Hornung, Haben und Brauchen, G.U.L.F., and Ivor Stodolsky

Visual works reproduced in the gazette are by:ÂKURS,ÂAnastasia Vepreva and Roman Osminkin, Tatiana Fiodorova, and Monotremu

ArtLeaks Gazette editors:ÂCorina L. Apostol, Brett Alton Bloom and Vladan JeremiÄ.

Cover page by the editors, Photo credit:ÂMargaret Singer

ArtLeaks contact information:Âartsleaks@gmail.comÂ

More information:

http://art-leaks.org/2015/08/03/artleaks-gazette-no-3-artists-against-precarity-and-violence-now-online/