!Mediengruppe Bitnik on Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:34:44 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> H3333333K Opening.

.

Dear Friends

What happens if you take a digital glitch and apply it directly onto the
architecture of a building? Well, we've been busy over the summer
finding out and are thrilled to invite you to the opening of H3333333K,
a permanent public art piece on the faÃade of the House of Electronic
Arts in Basel.

H3333333K
Opening Tuesday, 08. Sept 2015, 18h00
House of Electronic Arts Basel

DJ Goeldin (Grime/Future Rap/Critical Ambient)

http://www.hek.ch/programm/events/event/eroeffnung-kunst-am-bau.html

For H3333333K !Mediengruppe Bitnik translate a glitch from a digital
image onto the faÃade of the House of Electronic Arts Basel (HeK).
Applied directly onto the architecture of the building, the glitch
misaligns the elements of the faÃade, bringing disturbance to an
otherwise settled structure. The glitch is staged as an architectural
dimension, subtly shifting parts of the buildings faÃade and giving it a
surreal property.

The work was commissioned by the House of Electronic Arts Basel and the
Christoph Merian Stiftung.

Btw. If you can't make it to the opening, you have another 25 years or more to see the piece.

We will be travelling to various parts of Europe in the next weeks
mainly for exhibitions, public interventions and some talks. We'd love
to see you in one of these places!

ZKM - Infosphere, Karlsruhe

Group exhibition curated by Peter Weibel
Sep 4 - Jan 31, 2016
Opening tonight, 7pm
http://www.zkm.de

Ural Industrial Biennial of Contemporary Art

Ekaterinburg, Russia
Sep 9 â Nov 10, 2015.
http://en.uralbiennale.ru/

EIGEN + ART Lab, Berlin

Group exhibition with Erik BÃnger, John Cale, Chris Marker, Julien
PrÃvieux, Suzanne Treister, !Mediengruppe Bitnik

Sep 16 - 24 Oct 2015
Opening: 16 Sep 2015

http://www.eigen-art.com/lab/

Parallel Polis, Prague

Cypherpunks Conference, Talk
Oct 2-4
https://tinyurl.com/ns885zn

Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven

Exhibition ÂThing NothingÂ
Oct 17 - Nov 15
http://vanabbemuseum.nl/

The Influencers 2015, Barcelona

Non conventional art - Guerrilla Communication - Radical Entertainment
Public Intervention, Talk
October 22-24
http://theinfluencers.org/en

Elevate - Festival for Music, Arts & Political Discourse

Public Intervention, Symposium
Graz, Oct 22-26
https://elevate.at/home/

Zoo Galerie, Nantes

Solo Exhibition
Nov 6 - Dec 19
http://www.zoogalerie.fr

Horatio Junior Gallery, London

Solo Exhibition
London, Dec - Jan
http://www.horatiojr.com

Best,

!Mediengruppe Bitnik
https://wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.bitnik.org/

--
If you don't want to receive any news from us just reply with "Go away!"

2015_bitnik_h3333333k_glitch_orig__web.png

2015_bitnik_h3333333k_glitch_orig__web.jpg