Sofia Oliveira (CADA1 . net) on Thu, 7 Apr 2016 19:13:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> Convite/Invite: Human Entities, Ciclo de Conversas/Public Talks - Adam Greenfield (US)

.

Human Entities - A cultura na era das máquinas semi-autónomas - ciclo de conversas CADA

Human Entities
A cultura na era das máquinas semi-autónomas
[English below]

Ciclo de conversas 13 abril – 4 maio 2016 – Quartas-feiras
Organização CADA em parceria com a Trienal de Arquitectura de Lisboa
Entrada livre

Human Entities é um ciclo de conversas públicas focado na mudança tecnológica e nos seus impactos – nas formas como a tecnologia e a cultura se influenciam mutuamente.

Adam Greenfield (US)

Another City Is Possible: Practices of the Minimum Viable Utopia

After dispensing with the sham that is the so-called "smart city", I'll be discussing commons-based alternatives to the currently dominant conception of technologized urbanity, specifically four aspects involved in the production of networked urban environments from the bottom up: people making data, people making things, people making places and people making networks.

Adam Greenfield é autor do livro Everyware: The dawning age of ubiquitous computing (2006), “Against the smart city”(2013) e The city is here for you to use (a publicar na Verso).

Anteriormente Senior Urban Fellow na LSE Cities (London School of Economics), Adam é agora professor na The Bartlett (University College London) MArch Urban Design cluster “Architectures of Participation” com Usman Haque.
https://speedbird.wordpress.com

A conversa com Adam Greenfield será seguida de uma Q&A moderada por Sandro Mendonça (Professor, ISCTE Business School e colunista do jornal Expresso)

Quarta-feira 13 de abril, 18.30h
Entrada livre, mediante registo
Esta evento está integrado no ciclo: Human Entities: A cultura na era das máquinas semi-autónomas
Ciclo de conversas, quartas-feiras 13 abril – 4 maio 2016 Organização CADA em parceria com a Trienal de Arquitectura de Lisboa

Próximas conversas:

Conversa 2: 27 de abril
Alice Benessia (IT) + Sara M. Watson (US)

Alice Benessia
Do we really want and need to be smart? Can we?
The imaginaries of the Internet of Things and their inherent contradictions

Sara M. Watson
Liquid Data: The Power of Seductive Metaphors

Conversa 3: 4 de maio
!Mediengruppe Bitnik (CH)
Artist talk: !Mediengruppe Bitnik
[projecto Random Darknet Shopper]

Ver o programa completo

ENGLISH

Human Entities
Culture in the age of semi-autonomous machines

Public talks 13 April – 4 May 2016 – Wednesdays
Organised by CADA in partnership with the Lisbon Architecture Triennale
Free entrance

Human Entities is a series of talks focused on technological change and its impacts – the ways technology and culture shape and influence each other.

Adam Greenfield (US)

Another City Is Possible: Practices of the Minimum Viable Utopia
After dispensing with the sham that is the so-called "smart city", I'll be discussing commons-based alternatives to the currently dominant conception of technologized urbanity, specifically four aspects involved in the production of networked urban environments from the bottom up: people making data, people making things, people making places and people making networks.

Adam Greenfield is author of Everyware: The dawning age of ubiquitous computing (2006), “Against the smart city” (2013) and The city is here for you to use (forthcoming from Verso).

Previously Senior Urban Fellow at LSE Cities, Adam now co-teaches the Bartlett's MArch Urban Design cluster "Architectures of Participation" with Usman Haque. https://speedbird.wordpress.com

Adam's talk will be followed by a Q&A session moderated by Sandro Mendonça (Professor, ISCTE Business School and columnist at Expresso newspaper)

Location: Lisbon Architecture Triennale headquarters, Campo Santa Clara 142-145, 1100-474 Lisbon, Portugal
Entry is free, but requires online registration
Part of the series: Human Entities: Culture in the age of semi-autonomous machines
Public talks, Wednesdays 13 April – 4 May 2016
Organised by CADA in partnership with the Lisbon Architecture Triennale

Next sessions:

Session 2: 27 April
Alice Benessia (IT) + Sara M. Watson (US)

Alice Benessia
Do we really want and need to be smart? Can we?
The imaginaries of the Internet of Things and their inherent contradictions

Sara M. Watson
Liquid Data: The Power of Seductive Metaphors

Session 3: 4 May
!Mediengruppe Bitnik (CH)
Artist talk: !Mediengruppe Bitnik
[projecto Random Darknet Shopper]

See the full programme

Organização

Unsubscribe

This email was sent to nettime-ann@nettime.org
CADA · Rua Luz Soriano, 67, 3º, sala · Lisboa · Lisbon 1200-246 · Portugal

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp