Bâtard on Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:41:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime-ann> OUT NOW: Full Program Bâtard 2017!

.
Title: Bâtard Festival 2017 — Into the Pores of the Brain
batard_logo

One week left before Bâtard Festival starts filling up the fissures and ventricles of the Beursschouwburg with the work of emerging artists. Last year the festival was almost sold out even before it got started, so don't hesitate to book your tickets beforehand.
To make you more familiar with the programme, we offer you another insight into the festival with this newsletter. What kind of work would you like to discover?

❤ ❤ ❤ Textual theatre ❤ ❤ ❤

Wotjek Ziemilski / Nowy Teatre —
Jeden Gest

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world" Wittgenstein once said. If language is the only reality we have access to, what can we learn about the world from the languages of the Deaf?
□ 31/10 — 20:30 ○ TICKET

Dounia Mahammed —
w a t e r w a s w a s s e r

What would happen if we were to look at every living being the way we look at an enigma, something that wants to be solved? How would we deal with reality?
□ 1/11 — 20:30 + 2/11 — 19:00 ○ TICKET

Emilie Charriot —
King Kong Theory

In a simple but never simplistic way, Charriot uses the strength Virginie Despentes book King Kong Theory, its paradoxes and its complexity, to highlight its universality.
□ 2/11 — 20:30 ○ TICKET

❤ ❤ ❤ Super dance ❤ ❤ ❤

Oneka Von Schrader —
SHE
(*)
SHE is a solo performance exploring multiple - female - manifestations of spirituality. We are SHE, and you are SHE, and SHE is inheriting the HE, and the phallus is female, a soft, soft snake.
□ 1/11 — 19:00 + 22:00 ○ TICKET

Anne Lise Le Gac & Élie Ortis —
Grand Mal

It started with a collection Glocal Danses: a collection of non-professional dance videos found on the internet. This collection has become an endless and joyful conversation: Grand Mal.
□ 3/11 — 20:30 ○ TICKET

Linda Blomqvist —
The Sound
(*)
For her performance The Sound, the Swedish choreographer and dancer Linda Blomqvist has invited Sound to take her, Madeleine Lindh and Sandra Lolax on a trip. You are also welcome to take part of this experience.
□ 4/11 — 20:30 ○ TICKET

❤ ❤ ❤ Urgent stories ❤ ❤ ❤

Ogutu Muraya —
Because I always feel like running
(*)
Through historical, documentary and personal narratives, Muraya investigates the runners body both as a political repository and a vulnerable, vital and resilient biological organism.
□ 31/10 — 19:00 + 22:00 ○ TICKET

Ruben Desiere —
La fleurière

In the back room of a flower shop, Tomi, Rasto and Mižu are digging a tunnel in order to break into the safe of the National Bank. After heavy rainfall, they are forced to stop working.
□ 3+4/11 — 21:00 ○ on location at Cinema Galeries ○ TICKET

Oliver Zahn —
Situation mit ausgestrecktem Arm

Situation mit Ausgestrecktem Arm deals with the (art-)history of a contaminated gesture: the saluto romano, the Olympic salute, the Bellamy-salute, the German salute, the Hitler salute.
□ 3+4/11 — 22:00 ○ TICKET

❤ ❤ ❤ Free experiences ❤ ❤ ❤

Micha Goldberg —
Micha's Amateur Theater Group (for professionals)

Micha's Amateur Theatre Group is a group of professionals from the Brussels arts field that have been meeting each other in the time concept of amateurs — 1,5 hours a week, for two months. At Bâtard Festival they show four creations.
□ 31/10 > 2/11 — 23:00 — at Beursschouwburg
□ 1/11 > 3/11 — 18:00 — Plaine de Jeux Nouveau Marche aux Grains

Wiebe Moerman & Max Pairon
Pairon and Moerman walk / look / talk / work since the summer of 2014 together. With Goudsoekers they move a sculpture from the stairs of Le Bourse to the seats of the golden space of the Beursschouwburg.
□ 2/11 — 22:00

Slow Reading Club
Slow Reading Club is a semi-fictional reading group initiated by Bryana Fritz and Henry Andersen, that will lead the public through a number of late night choreographic reading situations.
□ 3/11 — 23:00 ○ FREE TICKET

❤ ❤ ❤ Visual & arts ❤ ❤ ❤

Camille Picquot —
Hollow Hours

Two kids live as adults. Quite casually, they manage by themselves. In this big chaotic city, their independence could have something in common with freedom. But around them, nobody wonders about their precocity.
□ 31/10 > 4/11 — 23:00 ○ in loop during entire evening

Augustas Serapinas —
Jõusaal

During his residency at the Estonian Academy of Arts in Tallinn, Serapinas came across a number of abandoned sculptures. Now, you’re welcome in his absurd gyms, for your daily work-out.
□ 31/10 > 4/11 — 23:00 ○ during entire evening

(*) SHE, The Sound and Because I always feel like running are generously coproduced by and with technical support of Kunstenwerkplaats Pianofabriek.
lijneen

batard_sponsors

lijneen

You are always welcome to unsubscribe, but know that we miss you already.