V2_, Lab for the Unstable Media on Wed, 9 Jan 2019 17:33:45 +0100 (CET)

<nettime-ann> Invitation V2_New Years Drink // January 14

.
Title: Invitation V2_New Years Drink // January 14

V2_New Years Drink
With a musical performance by Fell

Date: Monday January 14,

19:30h
–
22:30h (performance: 20:00h)
Location: V2_, Lab for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10, Rotterdam

Please RSVP by sending an e-mail to steffan@v2.nl

All of us at V2_ wish you a very happy New Year and invite you to drink a toast to 2019 with us on January 14!

2018 was an action-packed year for V2_. In our mission to explore the social impact of technology through critical dialogue, artistic reflection and practice-oriented research, our small team organised five exhibitions and 45 public events – as well as producing a record 25 new artworks and releasing two books on urgent topics.

Our ambitions for 2019 reach even higher. Want to hear more? We hope you’ll join us for a New Year’s drink on January 14 between 19:30h and 22:30h. During the evening there will also be room to remember Alex Adriaansens, the beloved director and cofounder of V2_ that we lost so recently.

To help us kick off 2019 with a bang, special guests Fell (see below) will perform music from their new release.

We hope to see you all there.

Warm greetings,

Michel, Joke, Boris, Arie, Florian, Steffan, Wilco, Richard, Alex, Dineke, Anne-Mercedes and Jan

About Fell

Toktek (NL) and Simon Berz (CH) battle it out in supercharged music sessions. Playing their self-made electronic instruments/interfaces, they turn pure human emotion and body language into sound that results in a sweaty conversation between Toktek, Simon and their machines.

Over the years, Toktek has mastered the art of sampling anything that makes sound. Nothing is more entertaining than watching Toktek build up his palette of sounds from random musical objects and then blissfully play them on his controller. He’s like a modern day Robinson Crusoe enjoying his castaway life in electronic music wonderland.

During his professional drumming career, Simon Berz has invented new ways to communicate with his drum kit. By using DIY analog-electronic devices, his drum kit creates feedback and communicates back to him. The ensuing dynamic exchanges range from loud arguments to the whisper of sweet nothings.

Please RSVP by sending an e-mail to steffan@v2.nl

The activities at V2_ are made possible thanks to financial support from the Creative Industries Fund NL, and the City of Rotterdam.

V2_Lab for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam NL
+31 10 2067272
v2_@v2.nl

This email was sent to nettime-ann@nettime.org
V2_Lab for the Unstable Media · Eendrachtsstraat 10 · Rotterdam, Zh 3013 AA · Netherlands