Heiko Recktenwald on Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:22:12 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> neighbourhood of lists

This exemple shows allready the difficulties in the definition of
"neighbourhood". "Collectiv textfiltering"... What should such a "portal"
be good for ? "Psychogeography" of the internet ?

What should it be good for to make this all clickable ?

Isnt a certain "obscurity" a more realistic picture ? You need people to
help you in the jungle of bits, like in "real life", and nobody has all
the interests, that are covered in nettime. Or Time magazin. Or Newsweek.
"Ghaddafi, most dangerous man in the world ?"

Well, you get this obscurity if you put everything on this page, but...

I would make a link to news.announce.newusers and teach people how to use
usenet.

Heiko