integer on Thu, 11 May 2000 22:13:52 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] (no subject)

>On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 05:19:37PM -0400, Felix Stalder wrote:
>> Scott Culp, from the Microsoft Security Response Center was, in a sense,
>> right when he told the same newspaper: "This is a general issue, not a
>> Microsoft issue. You can write a virus for any platform."
>
>This is simply false.  If your mail program doesn't run executables
>that it receives, there is no way that anyone can write a virus for
>your platform.
>
>My home computer is running Linux; my mail-retrieval utility is
>Fetchmail, and my mail agent is Mutt.  These programs simply do not
>run executables that they receive.  There is no reason that they
>should.  If someone sends me a program, and I want to run it, I'm
>perfectly capable of doing that myself.  It's completely absurd for a
>mail agent to make that decision for the user.
>
>There are no viruses for Linux because Microsoft Outlook doesn't run
>on Linux.  It's that simple.
>
>Benjamin Geer
>Software Engineer

It's completely absurd for a Software Engineer to make the decision
apropos `user`

Benjamin Geer = Felix Stalder = model c!t!znz++

    "Monoculture breeds parasites"  - although Felix Stalder = begetz 1zt

l!nux = neu + !mprovd mob akz!on

+ ev!.densz 4 nonl!near zumaz!on zkemaz

|| m9ndfukc.macht.fre!

        _____..... !zometr!kc kontrakz!onz
  .
    .
       .
          .
             .
               .
     dom!z!lz + ch!fon!erz
= l!kl! konduz!v 1 shok total                  .
                       .
                       .
                       .
    .