dr wooo on Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:15:23 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The Burn! server has been disconnected

Perhaps a anarcho ISP host could help these people out if they are
unsuccesful in having hteir server host their sites.

) The Burn! server has been disconnected

>From quique@dojo.tao.ca

Date Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:20:15 -0400

      A - I N F O S  N E W S  S E R V I C E
            http://www.ainfos.ca/

Today (wednesday May 31th, 2000), about 15:00 (local time) the Burn! machine

has been disconnected, and cannot be reached at http://burn.ucsd.edu
anymore.

This decission was taken by the Department of Communication of the
University
of California, San Diego (http://communication.ucsd.edu), where the Burn!
machine used to operate. The reason was the "unusual increase of the protest

calls that the Department of Communication regularly receives". It seems
that
this increase was caused by the attention payed by Burn! to the FARC in
Colombia. It seems that this increase is not only quantitative, but also
qualitative: they were from important people in the university.

The UCSD is a private institution. Last week, there was a meeting between a
Burn! comrade and the direction of the Department, trying to find a
solution.
I guess this meant to remove the info about the FARC. The page was no
changed, and, because the "persistence of pressions", the director of the
Department of Communication, "very sorry", disconnected the server. I don't
know what the Burn! comrades plan to do.

Those who want to express their concerns, can write to the director of the
department:
Carol A. Padden
e-mail: cpadden@ucsd.edu
Tel: (858) 534-2843
Fax:(858) 534-7315

I insist that I don't know what kind of campaign or actions the Burn!
comrades plan to do. As far as I know, the relation between Burn! and the
department direction is (maybe was) of dialogue.

Salud y lucha.

			********
       ****** The A-Infos News Service ******
      News about and of interest to anarchists
                       ******
		COMMANDS: lists@tao.ca
		REPLIES: a-infos-d@lists.tao.ca
		HELP: a-infos-org@lists.tao.ca
		WWW: http://www.ainfos.ca/
		INFO: http://www.ainfos.ca/org

-To receive a-infos in one language only mail lists@tao.ca the message:
                unsubscribe a-infos
                subscribe a-infos-X
 where X = en, ca, de, fr, etc. (i.e. the language code)