radioqualia on Fri, 9 Jun 2000 04:38:12 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Put Your RealVideo on Amsterdam TV Now!

Real TV Now!

r a d i o q u a l i a and Media.Live.Nu offers you the opportunity to put
your RealVideo content directly onto Amsterdam Cable Television (A1 TV
(Amsterdam 1) UHF26).

We are doing this first experiment with remote programming of cable
television, this weekend (June 10 and 11) at the following times:

Saturday, June 10
11:00 - 19:00 CET
20:00 - 22:00 CET

Sunday, June 11
01:00 - 11:00 CET

You can pre-program your RealVideo files directly onto Amsterdam Cable TV
through a browser! To follow the simple 7 step process visit
<http://www.radioqualia.va.com.au/salto>.

The process is automatically managed by The Frequency Clock, a r a d i o q
u a l i a project.

The Frequency Clock is a collaborative interdisciplinary project rediscovering and enlarging the spectrum of radio art, and encouraging interactive and participatory models of cross-cultural and cross-artform exchange. The Frequency Clock comprises an installation, a web project, and a networked broadcast system.

networked broadcast system
r a d i o q u a l i a are now developing the experimental broadcast system which involves the establishment of a network of low-powered transmitters placed in communities located around the world. We have one working node now in Amsterdam and we will be adding more nodes internationally in the coming months. This global FM network is connected to the internet. An automated web interface enables net.radio programs to be shared and broadcast over the FM network, as well as through existing online networks. The web interface also allows geographically remote participants, and casual users of the internet, to collaboratively develop programs for transmission, deconstructing traditional broadcast roles, and introducing significant elements of interactivity into the practice of broadcasting. With the Salto project we are, for the first time, investigating these possibilities in relation to Video transmissions.

The Frequency Clock
a project by r a d i o q u a l i a
((o)) r a d i o q u a l i a ((o))
http://www.radioqualia.va.com.au