Station Rose on 10 Aug 2000 18:45:48 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Live Webcast 117: flat-fRee

STATION ROSE STReaming-Fahrplan update :

                 dear Gunafa Netizen,

Live Webcast 117 is coming up FRI/11.8.00, 9pm CET at
<http://www.stationrose.com>,
STReaming a live jam session once more to your harddrives.

topic:    flat-fRee
content: STReaming Net Art.
feelings oberserved: different, great, new.
advice 01: great in that little streaming window. but if you blow it up
full screen, it looks bigger.
advice 02: jump in live, be there in time, its getting crowded.

this is the flat fRee story:
               ---------------
since 1st of august 2000 the station rose headquarter runs on flat fee.
when we went online in spring 1991, we used a 2400 baud modem. It was a
direct connection from the studio in frankfurt to the WELL, san francisco,
made only possible with the little help of compuserve, which was an
expensive one. they demanded something like $20 for an hour to connect
between the U.S. and Europe. we jumped in a few times per day then, moved
fast, rushed to the gorgious "command : u"  to see who else was online, had
a few quick chats, checked the mail, and dashed out.

       today- nine years later- we are on flat fee- what a long trip it had
been
                       &
                - feel flat fRee.

so how is it ?  are we free now?

here comes the bestandsaufnahme:
___________________________answer = yes, sure.
_______________there is no more stress to go in and out.
__________________flat fee gets in close touch with realtime.
_____________________with webcast 117 everything changes again.
___________a big moment.

mp3, realvideofiles, quicktime movies, all this moving net art goes out
from our independent studio into cyberspace & comes in from  other artists.
Its here on from our morning coffees.  we are only at the beginning of this
artistic selbstversuch, but keep you informed.
       Elisa Rose, 10/8/00.

                                        *   please tell us your
experiences, too.

___________________
next performance in RL:
___________________
Station Rose live
                         at POPKOMM 2000
                         GLAMOUROUS NIGHTS FRI/18.2./9pm
                         CD "Au Ciel" release party with Crippled Dick Hot Wax
                         at Glamour Boy Friesenstr. 45/Cologne
                          more info.
http://www.stationrose.com/GunafaLabel/tour.html

_____________
Station Rose Info:
STReaming a la Station Rose started at the opening of the exhibition
crossLinks in Berlin in january
1999, and blends performance,lecture (STR in conversation with guests in
the studio) and multimedia
jam sessions into a unique form of Net Art. 116 webcasts have taken place
so far. Main topics in the program of Station Rose webcasts are
live-sessions in realtime, where sounds&visuals are streamed from the
studio into the net. Acoustic highlights during this session are published
on vinyl:"live@home3", incl. remix by Move D, is released now. Label:
gunafa, distribution: neuton. Cooperations with Crippled Dick Hot Wax,
berlin &
International Deejay Gigolo Records, munich, as well as Move D/source records.

Rose & Danner see the multimedia art of Station Rose as a new development
succeeding Techno, where the artist and musician not create music and art
separately, but create their audiovisual content synced in real-time,
performing at different locations (hi&lo: underground, clubs, museums,
galleries, avantgarde-festivals), and publish in various media. STR was
founded in Vienna in 1988 by musician Gary Danner & artist Elisa Rose as a
public multimedia-lab. On from the beginning activities of Station Rose
spanned the spectrum of CD,- Vinyl- and CD-ROM-production, artproduction,
research on Virtual Realities to symposia, lectures, performances in
galleries, clubs and museums.  Station Rose Info: STR is
online since 1991 &  is one of the 1st multimedia bands in the world &
played at Ars Electronica, Transmediale, Viper, Museum Ludwig, Cyberthon,
XS & Ultraschall, Robert Johnson, le Batofar, Paris, Museumsquartier &  the
Museum of Applied Arts, Vienna, to name a few.
Main publications: "Virtuelle Realitaet als Neuer Grenzbereich-Research for
the Austrian Ministry for Science and Research" CD ROM 1992; "15 Years of
Ars Electronica" CD ROM 1994; "1st Decade - Das Buch" edition selene 1998;
"Playing Now" Audio CD 1999. Gunafa Label releases : gun05, gun06, gun007,
gun08.
A new book will be published in October 2000.

 The actual "STReaming_Gunafa_Schedule" & the live-dates can be found at
http://www.stationrose.com.

                                                "Cyberspace  is  Our Land!"

stay with us
             station rose   8-2000