Alan Sondheim on 16 Aug 2000 07:25:21 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Within the Scrap

-

Within the Scrap

"I consider this hour by hour: If I should die now, have I written suffic-
ient? I don't think my work easily sums up; there are far too many edges,
confusions. Philosophy is my first love; I would want this to stand or
fail by such. But it must be dragged out between the scraps and clutter.
I mean this in all sincerity: What remains? For how long? For what read-
ers? The first question is the most important: The What of my work, the
content, reading between or through the lines, searching out the philoso-
phical among the ruins." (Alan, quoted by Jennifer.)
Tue Aug 15 22:25:05 EDT 2000
 Message Board (16)
   Networking (105)
   Is this still hypertext? (51)
  e  ^E  j  ^N  CR  *  Forward  one line   (or N lines).
  y  ^Y  k  ^K  ^P  *  Backward one line   (or N lines).
  f  ^F  ^V  SPACE  *  Forward  one window (or N lines).
  b  ^B  ESC-v      *  Backward one window (or N lines).
 But
 Tue Aug 15 22:29:45 EDT 2000
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)
Subject: Hi, thank you greatly for the dates!
And of course they're fine with us!
yours, Alan, sondheim@panix.com
"The importance of interspecies communication, the peak of interspecies
communication insofar as we can foresee it, lies here: establishing com-
munication with the dlophins, and with the medium-size whales, and with
the great sperm whale. I visualize a project as vast as our present space
program, devoting our best minds, our best engineering brains, our vast
networks of computer people and material and time on this essentially
peaceful mission of interspecies communication, right here on this plan-
et." (John Lilly, quoted by Nikuko.)
Internet TextJu1lu% ls
Mail                lynx_bookmarks.html res                 venom.irc
Removal instructions below
I saw your listing on the internet.
I work for a company that specializes   News                mail
tf                  volt.irc
a                   notes               tf-lib              zz
Confirmation and Cancellation
                       [Last message marked for deletion]
Pine finished -- Closed "INBOX". Kept 0 messages and deleted 1.[[
lisp                phoenix.hlp         thing
Avatar Cyborg-Tech Experimental Programming & Writing Writing & Politics
Writing & Psychology Teaching & Presenting the Web Building Creative
Community Performance General 0
ln                  phoenix.irc         tiny.world
Sender: cyberculture@cmhcsys.com
Tue Aug 15 22:31:01 EDT 2000
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)
  PINE 4.21   FOLDER LIST              Folder: project  39 Messages
INBOX          sent-mail      saved-messages newcyb         project
                              [ALL of folder list]
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)
  18 ls 19 rm pcplus.scr 20 h 21 pom 22 h >> ww; pico ww 23 b 24 ls 25 b
  26\pom 27 pom 28 ls 29 ls 30 tin 31 b 32 ls 33 h
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)
Wed Aug 16 01:57:58 EDT 2000
"nahu akua--a bruise believed to be a bite inflicted by the spirit of a
living member of the family. The bite was thought to foretell the death,
not of the one so bruised, but of the relative whose spirit made the
bruise." (Pukui, Haertig, Lee, Nana I Ke Kumu, Look to the Source.)
Wed Aug 16 02:04:28 EDT 2000

__