Deena on 27 Sep 2000 03:27:09 -0000

[Nettime-bold] ELO chat with Janet Murray tonight

Our chat with Janet Murray has moved to this Wednesday, Sept 27. Hope you can join us!

Wed Sept 27 21:00 Eastern, 19:00 Mountain, 12:00 Sydney (Thursday Sept 28)

at http://lingua.utdallas.edu:7000

How are stories growing and changing on the web? How are we interacting with the narrative? How are
televison, virtual reality,  imagery and storytelling converging?

Janet H. Murray, Professor and Director Laboratory for Advanced Computing Initiatives School of
Literature, Communication and Culture, teaches information design in the Information Design and
Technology Program in the School of Literature, Communication and Culture.

 INSTRUCTIONS ON JOINING THE CHATS:

To take part in the ELO chats, just go to the Lingua MOO and sign in as a guest. If you'd like to
learn more about  MOOing, please e-mail Deena Larsen at textra@chisp.net for a short tutorial.   To
enter LinguaMOO, click onthe URL:   http://lingua.utdallas.edu:7000

 Your browser must be either Netscape Communicator  version 4.08 or newer, or Microsoft Internet
Explorer version 4.0 or newer. Java, Javascript, and Cookies must be enabled for the system to
work.  Otherwise, please , telnet to lingua.utdallas.edu 8888

Once in LinguaMOO, type in @go eliterature to get to the electronic literature chat room.

 Once there, you can type a quotation mark " and your text to start talking.

 You can also type @who to find out who else is there.

 We hope you'll join us for this exciting chat.