Danny Goodwin on 4 Oct 2000 21:22:32 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Book/Ends Conference

All,

        We are delighted to confirm that BOOK/ENDS, a major
international
academic conference and artistic and performance      event dealing with
transformations of the written document and      redefinitions of the
arts and
humanities, will be held on October 11-     14, 2000, in Albany, New
York.

        BOOK/ENDS will bring together renowned academics such as
Jacques
Derrida, Geoff Bennington, Peggy Kamuf, Bernard   Stiegler    and
Johanna
Drucker, and a group of artists including   Stelarc, Toni    Dove, Xu
Bing, and
Julia Heyward for conference   papers,    roundtables, workshops,
demonstrations, exhibits, online   writing   and  other activities.  The
event is
sponsored by the   University at   Albany  and other regional cultural
institutions
(see   list below).

        For a detailed description of the activities and schedule,
please      visit our
website at http://www.albany.edu/bookends

Registration is available online through friday via the website or you
may
address questions by e-mail to o bookends@albany.edu.

 Registartions will also be taken on site at the various conference venues.

        We would appreciate your assistance in sharing this  information
 with
friends, colleagues and students, and we hope that   you are able  to
join us in
Albany in October for what promises to  be a milestone  intellectual and
artistic
event.

Co-sponsored by:    The University at Albany   /   The University at
 Albany
Libraries   /   The University at Albany College of Arts and
Sciences / Albany
Center Galleries   /   The Arts Center of the Capital  Region   /
Albany Public
Library   /   Albany  International  Airport   Gallery /   Capital
Region Center for
Arts in Education   /    Electronic Arts  Performance Series (EAPS) of
iEAR
Studios and   the Arts Department  at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Funded in part by the State of New York UUP Technology  Committee
University at Albany Office of the Vice President For Research,
Research
Foundation of the State University of New York

--

Daniel Goodwin