JSalloum on 21 Oct 2000 02:11:07 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Palestinians as Myth

What is this, some attempt at balance?, I think Nettime can do better.
"Farah's" article would be pretty hilarious if people didn't take it
seriously.

>It's apparently by an Arab-American journalist/commentator, Joseph Farah
Race is no excuse and it is no label of authenticity or claim of intelligence.

>tell you that these are just phony excuses for the rioting, trouble-making
>and land-grabbing.
Yes, we all love to get hit with exploding bullets, 'rubber' bullets,
tortured and burned to death. And the complete destruction of over 400
Palestinian villages by pre-Israeli Zionist militias and the Israeli Army
should just be forgotten, not to mention the explusion and ethnic cleansing
of over 750,000 Palestinians from their in land in 1948, yes it was their
land no matter what name you want to call it.

>Isn't it interesting that prior to the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, there was
>no serious movement for a Palestinian homeland?
This is so stupid. There was countless Palestinian uprisings and
protestations and a much larger one in 1936 when the immigration policies of
the British mandate was becoming evident and in the '50's the fight continued
along with the Pan-Arab struggle against Israel and the colonial powers.

>There is no distinct
>Palestinian culture.
And the desert wasn't blooming before the zionists came, what dreck.

>Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from
>Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc.
Huh? These is even more ridiculous to anyone who knows these countries and
the people there. And what is your point, they are not black enough or green
enough or different enough to stay on their land?

>The latest round of violence in Israel erupted when Likud Party leader
>Ariel Sharon tried to visit the Temple Mount, the foundation of the Temple
>built by Solomon.
No, he in fact brought his entourage and hundreds of Israeli police and
supporters onto the grounds of the Al-Aksa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock to
indimidate all the Palestinians he could come across. "What Americans are
generally not told, but what Palestinians cannot forget, is that Ariel Sharon
was held responsible, even by the Israeli Knesset, for the massacre of close
to 2,000 unarmed Palestinian  men, women and children in the Palestinian
refugee camps of Sabra and  Chatila in Lebanon. During the Israeli invasion
of Lebanon, which General Ariel Sharon directed, Israeli troops surrounded
the two refugee camps and allowed in Lebanese Phalangists who then spent two
days raping, brutalizing and hacking to death hundreds of unarmed Palestinian
civilians while the Israeli Army stood guard. Not only did American news
media fail to include this critically important information, but many
actually gave Sharon, who went to the site to demonstrate Israeli
sovereignty, the opportunity to explain thathe went
there "with a message of Peace."  (Eduardo Cohen quote)

sincerely,
js

ps: here is a quiz for mr. farah and co.

---
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:48:32 -0700 (PDT)