Nmherman on 24 Nov 2000 05:51:56 -0000

[Nettime-bold] Fwd: <nettime> REALTOKYO

Dear Max Herman,

I am sorry I have no idea about your question.  Amuro is very popular here,
but her music is not my favorite one. I do not even know one song of hers.
Generally speaking, ordinary Japanese only know some basic English words
including 'genius'. This word sounds fancy and fantastic to our ears.  So I
guess it was just by chance she (and her staff) had chosen this title
'Genius 2000' for her album.

Best regards,

Tetsuya Ozaki