komninos zervos on 20 Dec 2000 22:20:31 -0000

[Nettime-bold] spaciality of poetry

i am a research phd candidate.
i am studying the spaces in which poetry exist.
much australian poetry is concerned with mapping landscapes, physical and
psychological.
since composing hypermedia poetry for cyberspace i have started to re-read
published printed poetry and find that whilst most poetry maps a surface of
sorts, there is printed poetry which places me in a space(i think it's
inside my head), a space for logical thought or imagination. there is also
poetry which describes a space 'between' objects, between people rather
than mapping surfaces.

if anyone can suggest theorists who have already identified 'surface' and
'space' in poetry, i would be very grateful.

regards
komninos
"have fun - whatever you are celebrating"
komninos's cyberpoetry site http://student.uq.edu.au/~s271502
cyberpoet@slv site http://www.experimedia.vic.gov.au/cyberpoet/
komninos zervos, tel. +61 7 55 948602
lecturer in cyberstudies,