Moira Lanzona on 14 Feb 2001 11:23:21 -0000

[Nettime-bold] new member intro

hello listers!

i am a new subscriber and i'm writing first of all to greet everyone on the list a very happy valentine's day and, secondly, to announce my presence on the list.  i decided to join after browsing the december archives because i have recently developed a keen interest in the (some would say hopelessly lost) cause of new media literacy, in particular, internet literacy.  i think this is a critical thinking skill that the younger generation desperately needs to hone but is sadly underrated.  this new project of mine came about after much reflection and (way too much) time spent in bed (incapacitated) recuperating from ankle surgery.  anyway, enough about me...

if anyone on the list knows of links to reputable sites devoted to new media literacy, please don't hesitate to post them.

thank you!

moira lanzona